Mirai any good or get a samsung with out the same res for the money?

Permabanned
You pay for what u get, some cheap brands are good stuff just that they are not made on the scale say sony/samsung and under the same conditions, but u get have problems with big name tvs aswell.

Soldato
What is the most important thing about a television? Surely the image quality, the picture!

Therefore, why would you buy a TV purely over the Internet. Madness.

Track one down in a real shop and have a look at what you think. You can always buy it online if the shop wont drop the the net price.

Soldato
OP
The main thing about that TV, is that it can display the resolution, 1080p while using 1:1 pixel mapping so i can use my PC with it. I cant find a samsung at that price bracket that can do that. :(

However, you are right about going to a shop and seeing one say in currys, however it would be good to see a PC connected.

Last edited:
Associate
Could you recommend one please. Are there chains?

All I ever see is Americans recommending you go to what sound like shops of awesomeness where people know what they're talking about and they show the TVs properly. Does anyone know of such a place in the UK?

Caporegime
Unless your sitting closer than 7ft you won't notice the extra resolution 1080P offers due to the resolution of the eye. So I'd go for the Samsung.

Caporegime
Energize said:
Unless your sitting closer than 7ft you won't notice the extra resolution 1080P offers due to the resolution of the eye. So I'd go for the Samsung.

Unless you are using it for a pc?

Associate
I have the DTL-642E500. After owning it for a week or so, it went back for a firmware upgrade to sort out some blur in the vertical dimension when displaying 1080p. Since I got it back it is fine.

On a pc running at 1920x1080p the image is a crisp as my 24 inch dell. The only image problem with it really is a faint band in the middle of the screen that runs from top to bottom. It is visible on a black background mostly.

Overall, I can say it is a very good screen for the cost.

Richie.

Permabanned
Energize said:

the resolution of the eye lol.

You really need a 46" for 1080p.

Caporegime
johnnyfive said:
the resolution of the eye lol.

Whats funny about that? Our eyes can only resolve objects more than 100um apart. Thus you can't make out the extra pixels at far distances because they are too close together.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Energize said:
Whats funny about that? Our eyes can only resolve objects more than 100um apart. Thus you can't make out the extra pixels at far distances because they are too close together.

Made out like your eyes have a 1280x720 resolution

Associate
what is the SD output like ?

I have seen this in the flesh at 1080p from a PS3 and *** image was fabtastic, but I have yet to see it at standard tv res.

Does anyone have any ideas if its ok for normal tv ?

Caporegime
kirstar said:
what is the SD output like ?

I have seen this in the flesh at 1080p from a PS3 and *** image was fabtastic, but I have yet to see it at standard tv res.

Does anyone have any ideas if its ok for normal tv ?

It still looks 10x better than the xbox, which looks 10x better than the ps2. ;)

Caporegime
Energize said:

1080p will give him a higher res for the pc, which will give him a bigger space on the screen. Mines is 1368x720 which aint too great. 1080p is 1920x1080 which would be awesome using it for a pc, he would notice a massive difference imo.

Soldato
wouldnt mind someone posting 2 screens from a movie. One viewed in 720p or 1080i and one viewed in 1080p. The real world difference is debatable atm.

Back
Top Bottom