Mirrors Edge 2- Thread

Permabanned
Mirror's Edge 2 is in the works at Swedish Battlefield studio DICE.

That's according to Ben Cousins, who previously served as general manager of EA Easy, where he oversaw the publisher's free-to-play games including Battlefield Play4Free.
Responding to comments made by EA Games VP Patrick Soderlund, in which the executive said the publisher doesn't want DICE to become "a Battlefield factory", Cousins, who now heads up Ngmoco Sweden, wrote on Twitter:

"It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE."

Mirror's Edge 2 has appeared on a number of developers' CVs, and while neither EA or DICE have expressly confirmed the game's in production, both have made multiple allusions to the highly-requested sequel.

Last year EA Games Label boss Frank Gibeau said ideas for the game were being worked on and that he was sure we'd see the IP combined with DICE's Frostbite 2 engine. Soderlund himself subsequently confirmed that EA was working on a new Mirror's Edge project, but didn't offer any further details. DICE producer Patrick Liu has also said the studio believes "people are ready to get into [Mirror's Edge] again.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...duction-at-dice-claims-former-ea-studio-boss/

Caporegime
Is the 1st one worth playing? Like does it have a story or is it a Parkour simulator?

Yeah its got a story, although it does boil down to 'run somewhere, cut scene, run somewhere else'. But the best thing about it is its uniqueness. Its unlike pretty much anything else.

Might give you motion sickness though :p

Caporegime
I absolutely loved this game, and not purely from a gameplay perspective, something about the clinical, dystopian future and gleaming skyscrapers makes me happy.

Just loved the graphics, and watched a HD montage with the theme song again :D

Caporegime
The art style is just stunning, I have so many shots of the game on my wallpaper rotation. The gameplay is completely unique, nothing like it. It's very satisfying doing the speed runs and stuff as well, finding ways to cut your time down.

The only thing I'd like to see improved for the second is a better story, the first wasn't bad as such it was just predictable.

Back
Top Bottom