Mixers < £200

Soldato
Grrrrr said:
Bullet in the gun :( i hate that song!

:p

Me too :p But for the next couple of weeks it's all I'll have until I can afford to go out on a mad spending spree to get some vinyl. Anyone got any recommendations?

This is really growing on me btw. I'm getting much better at beat matching.

Once again, Mister_Pister, I'm sorry :(

Soldato
agw_01 said:
Me too :p But for the next couple of weeks it's all I'll have until I can afford to go out on a mad spending spree to get some vinyl. Anyone got any recommendations?

There are a few bits and pieces here

and listening to samples on places like juno.com beatport.com is always a good way of finding new tracks

:)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
your best bet when learning is to buy two identical tunes (probably house/techno is easiest) and just practice mixing them, itll be easier to see when they are in time. Trying to learn with stuff like trance can be hard for a begginer because sometimes the beat is hard to pick out with all the synths and stuff

For whoever it was I wouldnt mind tinkering with some scratching so id like at least the possibility of having a good scratch mixer should I need it. Im not that fussed about fx etc cos I have some built into my decks. I Just want nice crisp sound quality with eqs that work :)

For whoever said they used citronics and they sucked I loved my pdq's! Awesome decks for the money, had em about 3years or so and they never put a foot wrong. Torque wasnt far off 1210's either

Caporegime
Just have a cash explosion and buy an Allen and Heath, you know you want to :)

Edit: And this :p

johnb3ry.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Mister, I actually recieved a delivery of a couple of Paul Van Dyk tunes today. All pretty simple drum beats at the start... perfect to get the timing right.

Came home from work to find them stacked on the coffee table in the living room. I went straight upstairs and started mixing.

I'm absolutely loving this, and getting better by the day :)

I think the upgrade to some technics may come sooner than I thought.

Associate
OP
awesome, how it worked with me and my mates is that for a certain period of time you cant get it at all, then one day you can suddenly mix. Dunno if itll be the same for you but keep at it :)

Back
Top Bottom