• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mixing cards

Associate
I have an asus 560ti direct cu blaa blaa

I want another one, but i was told there is no point getting a better card as both will run at the lower cards speeds? correct?

Next question, as i can't seem to find the same card from asus anywhere at the mo, can i just get the same spec MSI card and SLI them together?
Or will the universe implode?

Cheers

D
P.s If you didn't already know, i have no idea what i am doing.

Soldato
you need to match the gpu cores/vram

so if it's a 560ti 1gb you would need to pair it with any other 560ti 1gb (pointless imo)

560ti 2gb (I think they exist?) could be worth it if you can pick one up cheap. Noisy and hot though.

be aware there's a few different types of incompatible 56xs: 560, 560se 560ti 560ti 448 etcetc

Associate
OP
Thanks for that,
I'll find out the specs of it and have a look.
I'll look at the 2gb one too.
Sadly i just didn't have the spare cash at the time to buy a second one as it was a phone call and 10 seconds to decide thing.
Cheers

Soldato
with the 2gb comment I meant that if you card is a 2gb variant then sliing with another 2gb variant could be worth it if you were to pick it up cheap.

for 1gb models the vram would be an issue in newer titles / more AA applied

Associate
OP
Yea i totally know what you ment :\

But if i'm going down that road i would just get two high end cards, it was simply because i had this one to use.

Cheers for the advice, i need to get back to work as i just totaled up the parts i want and hit £1899 so back to the drawing board.

Back
Top Bottom