Miyoo Mini V2

I've got one, love it. Updated to Onion OS 3.10 and have been playing Super Mario World on SNES mainly, but picked up a tonne of GBA games to go through when I get bored.

Still get killed on the last few mins of streets of rage :(

Has anybody got a screen protector that fits?

Last edited:
Either I'm an idiot, or I can't get Onion OS on mine, following the very basic instructions on the git site... The only thing I can think, is I'm using a 256gb SD card which has a 32gb FAT32 partition and the rest unallocated. Maybe it's still not seeing the partition?

Either I'm an idiot, or I can't get Onion OS on mine, following the very basic instructions on the git site... The only thing I can think, is I'm using a 256gb SD card which has a 32gb FAT32 partition and the rest unallocated. Maybe it's still not seeing the partition?
Use this to format it.

I used it to format a 128G (SD card meant for the Switch) and it works fine. FAT32 for the whole of card.

Last edited:

I followed that, and it worked first time. :)

Yeah this wont work if its partitioned it needs to be the whole card. Saying that has anyone managed to try it with 256gb and FAT32 ?

Absolutely don’t need one of these but the price and form factor make it a great device.
I’m still plodding away with the Retroid Pocket 2 but typically just playing Gameboy, Mega Drive or Neo Geo Pocket.
It’s certainly a cool looking device in the pictures here.

Mine has arrived that took 5 days. Thats not bad. It came with a 128gb MicroSD all ready setup with the 19/04/22 release on. I noticed Retroarch seems to be a bit out of date the cores for instance are from last year.
I looked on the Retroarch download page and if you scroll all the way to the bottom there is the latest release for the Miyoo so you could update it yourself. I've ordered myself another 128gb MicroSD so when that comes
I will try out Onion OS.

yXFg6Lm.jpeg

PSYNpGX.jpeg

LvSnP6M.jpeg

Last edited:
Just been trying to get some of the emulators to work and I was looking through some Amiga files and lo and behold found 5 Music/Scene Demo's I did back in 1992/1993. Goodness they were awful.

I've got most of them to work now only one I`m having problems with is the ZX Spectrum one I cant figure how where to put the BIOS.

On Onion OS I there is a folder it creates called Sinclair - ZX Spectrum in BIOS folder I placed them in there, Nope, copied them to just BIOS, nope,
copied them to retroarch\.retroarch\system, nope. Pretty sure the BIOS are okay. Done a bit of googling but found nothing so far.

Managed to get the Amiga and CD32 emulators to work with my Demo's and it can barely run them or the sound is awful. Guess its not powerful enough. Actually scratch that uae4arm is terrible but puae works ok.

Last edited:
Got mine on Monday but have only just had a moment to play with it tonight. Enjoyed a few minutes on Tetris and then decided to watch the Miyoo Mini v2 video quoted up above. When I put the firmware into the root folder of the microSD card and plug it into my computer with the provided USB-C cable/2 x Oneplus phone chargers/A Raspberry Pi 400 charger/A Kindle charger the Miyoo Mini never shows the firmware update screen but instead goes to the charging screen as seen in the video. Does this mean the Miyoo Mini is already on the latest firmware? Is there a way to find out from the device itself what firmware it's on to confirm this?

Edit: And, as is typical for me, I switched the Miyoo Mini on and found the Settings screen. It's in "mode MY 283" which matches the filename of the firmware image, "miyoo283_fw.img" so I guess my Miyoo Mini already had the latest firmware on it somehow.

Just been trying to get some of the emulators to work and I was looking through some Amiga files and lo and behold found 5 Music/Scene Demo's I did back in 1992/1993. Goodness they were awful.

I've got most of them to work now only one I`m having problems with is the ZX Spectrum one I cant figure how where to put the BIOS.

On Onion OS I there is a folder it creates called Sinclair - ZX Spectrum in BIOS folder I placed them in there, Nope, copied them to just BIOS, nope,
copied them to retroarch\.retroarch\system, nope. Pretty sure the BIOS are okay. Done a bit of googling but found nothing so far.

Managed to get the Amiga and CD32 emulators to work with my Demo's and it can barely run them or the sound is awful. Guess its not powerful enough. Actually scratch that uae4arm is terrible but puae works ok.
Got mine 2 days ago, and I have been trying to get Amiga emulators to work aswell but I'm just not able to. I would appreciate a lot if you tell me how you did (even if it doesnt work with 100% of the roms). My Miyoo is updated and also has the Onion OS, got the Commodore libretro which includes the WHDLoad and Kickstart stuff, but I dont know how to get it work and cannot find any tutorial on the internet. Thanks in advance!

Got mine 2 days ago, and I have been trying to get Amiga emulators to work aswell but I'm just not able to. I would appreciate a lot if you tell me how you did (even if it doesnt work with 100% of the roms). My Miyoo is updated and also has the Onion OS, got the Commodore libretro which includes the WHDLoad and Kickstart stuff, but I dont know how to get it work and cannot find any tutorial on the internet. Thanks in advance!

The problem I had was making sure the kickstart ROM's were named right. I will fire it up later and have a look.

Back
Top Bottom