Mobile Phone recommendation please?

Soldato
Im looking to buy a Mobile phone for a Christmas Present, ideally looking to spend around £250 or so.

The problem is I always buy iPhones for myself so have no idea what good alternatives there are in the lower price range.

Therefore can someone recommend the best phone I can get around the above budget? if there is anything that is...

Thanks

Soldato
Actually I think that may be an option as I ideally wanted to buy it in a local store and I can't find anywhere that sells the others mentioned. I guess for the price I'd be looking at the G5S ?

Three sell them unlocked, and yes they are a sub brand of Huawei.

Soldato
The Motorola Moto G line are hard to beat for VFM.

Yes, it's good hardware at a good price, but that's because there's little to no customer service. Expect to get security updates once a year, and then they orphan the hardware after 12-18 months and no updates of any sort after that.

Nokia are vastly better for supporting their phones and are at similar price points.

Soldato
I see your point but this is a budget phone so the kind of people that buy them quite often just want a phone that works and are not bothered about updates or paranoid about security.

Out of interest, which Nokia would you recommend?

Soldato
I see your point but this is a budget phone so the kind of people that buy them quite often just want a phone that works and are not bothered about updates or paranoid about security.

Those are the people that should be protected by forcing the updates on them so they don't get their bank accounts emptied.

Out of interest, which Nokia would you recommend?

Probably Nokia 5 or 6 depending how much of the OP's budget you want to spend.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the recommendations all.

I really have to buy one tomorrow as its my last chance before Christmas.

I've just looked and the Nokia 6 looks quite nice, from pictures it looks better than the moto and it seems a good price. The person I'm buying it for isn't very techy and will mainly use it for txting, browsing the net, taking photos etc. Any reason not to got for it?

Soldato
Yeah, like I said it depends how paranoid you are about fraud how much you care about OS level security updates. Personally I wouldn’t worry at all about it but each to their own.

Will have to read up about the new Nokias, don’t know anything about them.

Back
Top Bottom