Mobo doesn't have standoffs attached, best solution?

Associate
Building my first PC and spent about thirty minutes scratching my head as to how to screw in my Ryzen stock cooler to my Motherboard, checked a youtube video which had a guy installing it to the same Mobo as mine (the AX370-K5) and discovered my mobo should have standoffs installed underneath the cooler brackets yet mine doesn't have any.

What's the best solution here for me? I have no idea how to obtain the correct standoffs, is it easy to get or am I better off getting a cooler than I can use the brackets I have for?

*edit*

scrap that, the damn plate with the standoffs came off when putting the mobo in the case, that'll teach me for not attaching everything properly before putting it into the case lol!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If you've bought it new and it has parts missing, I'd contact the retailer. A Ryzen motherboard should have the capability to mount a stock Ryzen heatsink, they don't really have a leg to stand on :p

Man of Honour
If you don't have standoffs then you will short the board out. Standoffs are very easy to get. Normally any length will do. The gold contact ones are best IMO.

From what I read in the OP, it sounds like this isn't the normal standoffs that separate the motherboard from the case, but ones that come through the motherboard for the CPU heatsink to screw in to. Without those, you're pretty screwed. <--- I did a funny.

Soldato
*edit*

scrap that, the damn plate with the standoffs came off when putting the mobo in the case, that'll teach me for not attaching everything properly before putting it into the case lol!

Sooo you found this bit then ->

tmp.png

?

Man of Honour
It's worth mentioning, this happened to me too. I ended up mounting it before putting it in my case just so I could make 100% sure the backplate was flush with the board while mounting.

Back
Top Bottom