Mod Mic Xbox One S

Associate
Hi,

I currently have optical out on the S into my DAC then plug my headphone in the DAC.

I then plug the xbox headset into the controller and set it to chat only and put the headset over my headphones.

Well this is what I did do, headset has been lost.

Can I buy a ModMic and just plug that in the controller and have it work the same way?
When I google it people are normally using a Y splitter in the controller, but I wish to have my headphones in my DAC/Amp.

This should work as far as I can tell??

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
OP
50 views and nobody has a modmic and One S controller? I bought a cheap 6 quid just to test with, will try that and report back.

If it woks well I may just keep that as I barely use the Xbox anyway only want it for the couple of weeks me n mates will pay COD haha.

Associate
OP
Forgot to reply in this thread. It does work with the cheap 6 quid mic, so im certain a ModMic would also work, thought I would reply in case anyone else tries to find info on this.

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
OP
@seanyc5 Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just wanted to confirm you used a Y splitter on the controller to use a separate mic and headphones?
Cheers

No mate,

I have hdmi audio out of the Xbox to tv. From tv to headphone amp/dac via optical. That's for sound to my headphones

Then for the mic, Just plug a mic into the 3.5mm port on the Xbox one s controller. If you have the older Xbox one one then I think you need the adaptor they sell as it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack as far as I no.

Not that I play it anymore but what I did in the end was. Setup as described, Decent headphones on, then a cheap Xbox headset ( you know the one ear/boom mic) over my head as well, so the mic sit in a good place. Works well. In settings, set chat to come out of speakers and that's it.

Soldato
No mate,

I have hdmi audio out of the Xbox to tv. From tv to headphone amp/dac via optical. That's for sound to my headphones

Then for the mic, Just plug a mic into the 3.5mm port on the Xbox one s controller. If you have the older Xbox one one then I think you need the adaptor they sell as it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack as far as I no.

Not that I play it anymore but what I did in the end was. Setup as described, Decent headphones on, then a cheap Xbox headset ( you know the one ear/boom mic) over my head as well, so the mic sit in a good place. Works well. In settings, set chat to come out of speakers and that's it.
Ah I see, ok cheers mate. Yeah I have the Xbox One controller with the 3.5mm jack, I did actually find that ModMic sell a Y adapter which confirms that I can do it that way if I want to. But will consider your methoid also as a DAC would give me better audio etc.

Back
Top Bottom