Modelling GF

Soldato
My girlfriend has always wanted to model , what are good ways of getting into the buisiness? thanks in advance.

Even just if its just shots for herself to start with.

Associate
evil513 said:
Step 1 Post pics in OcUK GD Forum :D

Step 2: When bread is requested, serve immediately. :p

Seriously though, I would think getting a collection of pictures sent to many different agencies would be the right way to do it.

Angus Higgins

Soldato
She needs to get noticed really, you can't just 'become' a model.

She'll have to get some professional shots done, and lots of them, then build a portfolio to begin with.

Quite a few models are spotted by people in the business while on trains or just wandering around, so tell her to hit the tubes in London and just go around in circles for a week or two wearing a mini-skirt and some 5" heels (and let me know when and where too...)

Soldato
I would suggest you post pictures of her here and get the opinions of the pron loving, horny, monkey spanking audience - because that'll help.

Sorry, this post was a complete waste of time, but I thought I'd jump in about posting pictures here before the others did.

Associate
Ex was a model, she got spotted in the street in London but thats a 1 in a million chance, basically she needs some portfolio work, get it done professionally, if she really wants it the cost wont matter and it will stand out from others.
Good luck to your girlfriend

Associate
Yeah a good friend is a model, and like the above post, she just got spotted at a small school catwalk thing about 4 years ago. She built herself a portfolio and gets work a lot (or well so she tells us I don't know how often she should get work to call it often), and she is always putting in a lot of effort to obtain work.

Tell your girlfriend to go for it, what is there to lose?

Soldato
Im getting into modelling photography, theres a few websites where you can do TFCD etc (thats time for cd, i.e. model gets portfolio shots, as does the photographer), google 'purestorm' modelling and go to there forums.

What generally happens with this route is, she would do say 7/8 shoots for free to build up a free portfolio, until she gets really really good ones. And then she may get requests off paying photographers where she can then start to charge for shoots, and from there build it up until she gets a rep.

Additonally most of the top agencies browse sites like this to find the next big thing or the next headline photographer, is a good way to go in addition to sending out portfolios (which I can tell you most get thrown in the bin, as they get 1000's) Iv done a few shoots for a couple of models and its added to my portfolio as well as helping them.

If need any more advice let me know :)

Permabanned
I would say getting recognition is the best way for her to get into modeling business. Do you have a normal picture of your gf? You might want to show everyone here so we can give more opinion.

Back
Top Bottom