Modern Air Combat from Eagle Dynamics (with VR support)

Permabanned
I'm excited! https://www.dsogaming.com/news/mode...-eagle-dynamics-featuring-14-unique-aircraft/

Modern Air Combat is currently scheduled for a Fall 2018 release and here are all the aircraft that will be available to it.
  • F-15C Eagle. US air superiority fighter with 104 kills to 0 losses record.
  • Su-27 Flanker B. Russia’s dominate air superiority fighter.
  • Su-33 Flanker D. The Russian navy’s carrier capable version of the Flanker B.
  • J-11A Flanker B+. The Chinese version of the Flanker B, with R77 active homing missiles.
  • MiG-29 Fulcrum A. Russia’s widely exported light-weight air superiority fighter.
  • MiG-29S Fulcrum C. The modernised verson of the Fulcrum with latest weapons and defences.
  • A-10A Warthog. The USAF’s massively successful ‘flying tank’, designed to kill ground targets.
  • Su-25A Frogfoot. Russia’s primary ground attack and close air support jet.
  • Su-25T Frogfoot. A modernised version of the Frogfoot with enhanced sensors and weapons.
  • F-86F Sabre. America’s iconic top fighter during the Korean War.
  • MiG-15bis Fagot. Russia’s 1st generation jet fighter that opposed the Sabre over Korea.
  • F-5E Tiger II. The US light-weight fighter that has been operational since the Vietnam War and operated by over 30 countries.
  • MiG-21bis Fishbed. Russia’s most successful fighter of the Vietnam war. A supersonic fighter that closely matches the Tiger II.
  • L-39ZA. A Czech designed, two seat trainer that was then adapted to a light attack aircraft.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
MAC is seemingly an update to Flaming Cliffs 3, adding in some new aircraft and some additional map areas. I'm curious how they're going to deal with those.

All the same, DCS is IMO still one of the best VR experiences available, so good on them for pushing out an enhanced version, that will hopefully give more people the opportunity to experience this level of flight sim.

Soldato
MAC is seemingly an update to Flaming Cliffs 3, adding in some new aircraft and some additional map areas. I'm curious how they're going to deal with those.

All the same, DCS is IMO still one of the best VR experiences available, so good on them for pushing out an enhanced version, that will hopefully give more people the opportunity to experience this level of flight sim.

Is this standalone like LOMAC or DCS world module?

There is a mod which has just been released which helps quite a bit with DCS VR
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215373
nice 1st post, will give this a shot :)

Associate

AFAIK the planes will be non-clickable versions of the full sim versions and the maps will be partial areas. If you have all the DLC already this is not for you

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
AFAIK the planes will be non-clickable versions of the full sim versions and the maps will be partial areas. If you have all the DLC already this is not for you

Correct, non-clickable (as per the FC3 aircraft), with simplified controls, whilst still retaining the "pro" flight dynamics models.
It's basically an update to FC3, and if the update is cheap enough (FC3 owners will supposedly get a discount), I'll probably buy it myself for the Korean aircraft and the potential new campaign missions.

Associate
Does look amazing. Still I've hardly played IL2 as I'm not convinced that you can do a detailed sim without sight of the keyboard for the advanced controls.

Soldato
Does look amazing. Still I've hardly played IL2 as I'm not convinced that you can do a detailed sim without sight of the keyboard for the advanced controls.

And you can with a hotas, within limits. Decent one with enough buttons and muscle memory you can map enough out to get by easily.

With that said I was chatting to a WW2 veteran 2-3 weeks ago, when he was asked by someone how he could take off the hurricane with only one arm (his other had been shot off months before, and the hurricane needs a bit of hand switching due to layout) he had a quick look round the cockpit and said 'oh I just used my knees instead'.

Absolutely amazing bloke.

Associate
To be fair this sort of lower fidelity version is better for VR as less keys are needed. I find that in the f15c with the warthog you don't really need to interact with the keyboard much at all.

Associate
I'm still using an ancient Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2. Great stick in it's day but possibly due an update, if only because a plasterer we had in managed to spill something or other on it and now the rubber coating is tacky.

Associate
Yep MAC looks good though how optimized it will be on release remains to be seen.

tbh enjoying VTOL VR, whilst it may not support HOTAS it's quite a nice experience to play on the Oculus controllers.
Early access with very limited features i.e. no network play as yet; That said - I wanted to support the development teams efforts.

Back
Top Bottom