• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Modern Radeon Surprisingly Slick

Associate
After 8+ years on NVidia, coming most recently from a 1080ti (absolute legend of a card, paid £650, lasted 4+ years, could probably go another 2 if necessary) got my 1st Radeon in a long time the other week in the form of an MSI Rx 6800 Gaming X Trio.
Have to say, I've been very pleasantly surprised by the software.
Loads of options, like Radeon anti-lag, image sharpening etc. Had no idea my monitor was a freesync one, but the software let me know and activate it. Excellent realtime monitoring of all sorts of temps & usage. Only criticism I could make of the software suite it almost has too much !
Not to ignore people who had problems on 57xx series, black screens etc, but so far this has been hardware + software working straight out the box.
The NVidia package, while it works just fine & is stable, just seems very basic & dated in comparison.
Also massively enjoying Shadow of the Tomb Raider - is there any other game that has that combo of platforming & puzzles so worked out ?

Associate
OP
Good to hear. :)

Try Rise of the Tomb Raider and even the original Tomb Raider, similar and excellent games also. I had a great time with the first Tomb Raider looking back, runs and looks great.

Thanks, I've only dipped into the series now and then but always had a soft spot for it - I really enjoyed Underworld - must be about 10 years ago. I'll look at going backwards through the trilogy, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom