1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Modern Radeon Surprisingly Slick

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Quixote, 24 Jul 2021.

1. Quixote

Wise Guy

After 8+ years on NVidia, coming most recently from a 1080ti (absolute legend of a card, paid £650, lasted 4+ years, could probably go another 2 if necessary) got my 1st Radeon in a long time the other week in the form of an MSI Rx 6800 Gaming X Trio.
    Have to say, I've been very pleasantly surprised by the software.
    Loads of options, like Radeon anti-lag, image sharpening etc. Had no idea my monitor was a freesync one, but the software let me know and activate it. Excellent realtime monitoring of all sorts of temps & usage. Only criticism I could make of the software suite it almost has too much !
    Not to ignore people who had problems on 57xx series, black screens etc, but so far this has been hardware + software working straight out the box.
    The NVidia package, while it works just fine & is stable, just seems very basic & dated in comparison.
    Also massively enjoying Shadow of the Tomb Raider - is there any other game that has that combo of platforming & puzzles so worked out ?

2. LtMatt

Caporegime

Good to hear. :)

Try Rise of the Tomb Raider and even the original Tomb Raider, similar and excellent games also. I had a great time with the first Tomb Raider looking back, runs and looks great.

Last edited: 24 Jul 2021
  3. Grim5

Sgarrista

You're right it can be a bit much

while I don't have the gpu software installed I have tried the CPu ryzen master and it has a similiar issue that the UI is overwhelming with too many things and little spacing

4. fs123

Mobster

Lol give it a rest mate. Have you got some mental illness where finding faults with AMD is a symptom??? If you hate them so much why not sell your Ryzen and get an Intel?

I can tell you from my experience with my current 3080FE that the AMD Adrenalin software is far better than Nvidia's GFE or driver control panel. Ryzen Master is an overclocking/monitoring tool which most people don't even use. If it has alot of features then that is a good thing.

5. JediFragger

Caporegime

Listen man you gotta give him a break, he's used to software from 2004 and can't really handle anything later ;) :D

On a serious note I switch from Nvidia to AMD all the time (I also have a 6900XT Red Devil) and find the AMD software fantastic. Just give it 5/10 mins and you're totally used to it :)

6. Quixote

Wise Guy

Thanks, I've only dipped into the series now and then but always had a soft spot for it - I really enjoyed Underworld - must be about 10 years ago. I'll look at going backwards through the trilogy, maybe.

7. Kirby Wurm

Wise Guy

I also came back to AMD from a 1080 Ti after years of Nvidia (last AMD being the excellent HD5850) and also love the software, so many features and functions integrated that require 3rd party tools or GeForce Experience on Nvidia. I had a few issues when installing/uninstalling different versions initially back in February but it's been plain sailing since. The ability to apply OC profiles per game is so useful.

8. henson0115

Wise Guy

Better to have to much and not use it than not enough and need something you don't have...

9. GoRedwings19

Hitman

Adrenalin software? oh oh I think I just installed the vid driver and not the actual software to control it...