Modify page start height

Associate
Hi guys, I hope my thread title isn't too cryptic.

Essentially, I want to do something similar to what apple did on their website when they issued an apology to samsung.

The apology was at the foot of the page, but users had to scroll down to see it.

I want to do something similar, but instead of scrolling down, i want the page to begin several pixels further down than it normally would.

For instance, take ocuk for example, in the forum you can see the ocuk logo in the top left corner.

I'm wondering if there's a code that can allow the page to load, but have it load scrolled slightly down, so that the logo disappears.

The logo would still be there, you'd just need to scroll up.

So essentially, i'm wondering if there's a html code to start the page from a lower position.

Thanks

Soldato
This should be a good start for you.
http://api.jquery.com/scrollTop/

the thing is though you are going to have to make sure your height is very large to get this to work as you have to deal with screens that could potentially be in portrait mode.

Personally I'm not sure why you would want to do this if you are putting something on the top of the page for a reason why force the user to scroll up to see it.

Alternatively you could use a "backtotop" type link that is positioned on the page and when the page is requested this is fired off via Jquery document.ready() to position the page or simply appended to the url ie wwww.mydomain.com/home/#notquitethetop

hope this helps and gives you some avenues to look down.

Associate
OP
Thanks mate, sorry for the late reply.

I've had a look at that, but i'm not too sure what to do with it :(

I have very basic html understanding, so that looks a little over my head.

Thanks for the help though :)

Back
Top Bottom