Monaco Grand Prix 2010, Monte Carlo - Race 6/19

Man of Honour
OP
Best that could be achieved, the rule will be revised, which is why Mercdes aren't appealing. As the penalty can not be changed.

Man of Honour
OP
nope, but will be shortly.
Just found out today I didn't get a job I applied for. So now I need to get it moved from my parents to my house. So I can start stripping it down again.

Man of Honour
OP
Not that it matters now, but in the future I wonder how many people will even attempt a last lap passing move because of this terrible ruling.

The rules are going to be sorted/clarified. So it won't happen again. well hopefully not on this rule anyway. Which is why Mercedes aren't appealing. As the punishment can not be reversed. So they have got the best outcome they can get.

Man of Honour
OP
Of course a drive through penalty can be reversed.

You can work out how long it takes for a car to drive through the pits, deduct that time from the driver's overall time and if the driver ended up getting caught up in traffic, based on the comparative lap times you can easily calculate what position the wrongly punished driver would actually have finished. A half-way competent statistician armed with Excel® could do this easily :)

I hope thats a joke.

Back
Top Bottom