Poll: Monaco Grand Prix 2019, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Rate the 2019 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I stupidly got suckered in to watching the whole race due to Hamilton's wrong tyre choice during the pit stop, but really, Max was never going to stand a chance of a clean pass.

Caporegime
I stupidly got suckered in to watching the whole race due to Hamilton's wrong tyre choice during the pit stop, but really, Max was never going to stand a chance of a clean pass.

Leclerc couldn't even pass cars outside the top ten without taking huge risk which says it all. I still respect Monaco for the challenge it poses to drivers but in terms of racing it's the kind of track that needs a working DRS zone more than any other.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
1/10 for me, that was one of the most boring races I have ever watched. I have said it before and I will say it again, Monaco should not be a championship "race". If they really want to go there do it as a non championship demo. It has never made for good racing and never will. I am a Lewis fan but all that constant whining about his tyres was pathetic. Yes, they should have put him on the hard tyre but they didn't so he had to make the best of a bad job. They should have told him that he could pit if he wanted to but it would drop him to 4th/5th. If he wanted the win he should stay out and STFU!! That was just cringeworthy.

Associate
No, it couldn't be any worse than that , utterly abysmal as per the whole season so far. Cue the diehard fans desperately trying to defend it. Commentators really earned their money trying to sound excited at that drivel. Boats were nice though. Never thought I'd say I'm going to watch the Indy 500 for some excitement !!

Associate
Pretty sad that the most entertainment of the race was in the pit lane.....Atleast we have some edge of the seat racing coming up in the isle of man TT.

Associate
I enjoyed Leclerc's drive, a true hero to zero drive - Wears heart on sleeve, people bemoan a lack of modern personalities in F1 - Hell the guy was true to his word and went rogue. :D

I agree with Steve Jones - driver of the day.

Delighted with Hamilton win, the collision with Verstappen - smart driving by Hamilton (and Verstappen) - did it ever need investigating? (no)

Soldato
Any other race and Hamilton would have come in for new tyres, but any other race he would have been able to overtake on fresh rubber, not be beholden to track position as is always the case at Monaco.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Wasn't a vintage race. But it's not exactly shaping up to be a vintage season. I'd still rather watch a less-than-stellar race at Monaco than a slightly better one in Russia or Abu ******* Dhabi...

Back
Top Bottom