Monitor Advice - Widescreen vs Normal

Soldato
Hi.

I have a question about choosing a nice new TFT. I've narrowed my choices down to two models, and the main way to distinguish between the two is that one is widescreen and the other is normal aspect ratio.
I do a balance of web surfing, watching films, and gaming on my computer. I want a screen which is good for all three.

My question is, which would be a better idea? I don't want to buy a widescreen TFT only to find that my games don't support the resolution and force me back to something silly and squashed like 1024x768. I know that the monitor with the 4:3 ratio won't do this, as many games support 1600x1200. But I won't be able to watch movies in widescreen.

The monitors in question are the 2001FP and the 2005FPW. Dell that is.

So what's everyone's opinion?

Soldato
more and more new games support widesreen resolutions out of the box. and for those that don't support it natively, they can usually be made to work by editing a config file or 2. each game may need to messed around with invidually but i'm sure the effort is worth it. take a looky here.....

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/

widescreen is the future. why not jump aboard now, says me stuck on a 4:3 crt..... :D

Back
Top Bottom