Monitor advice

Associate
Hey Folks

Recently my trusty Samsung monitor gave up so I am naturally looking for a replacement.

So far 2 have caught my attention because of there price and availability. One is the HP 2510i 25" monitor and the other is a Hannspree 25" monitor.

Can anyway give me some advice on these monitors? I know the HP one has a glossy screen. Does that make a difference other than dusting. Is Hannspree a good make?

Thanks in advance. I am so out of touch with monitors.

Soldato
+1 the 27in IPS panel 2560x1440 Korean monitors do look very nice indeed and if it is within your requirements and budget then it would be a great monitor- just make sure you understand the dead/bright pixel policies, warranty offered by the seller, customs fees and return arrangements before you put your money down.

As for other options, may I ask what you mainly use your monitor for and what approximate budget are you looking at?

As for glossy screens - this means that the surface of the LCD doesn't use an anti-glare coating, so images look more vibrant - however many people (depending on the environment they have the monitor set up in) find that these glossy screens are annoyingly reflective.

In contrast, monitors with an anti-glare coating (like most Dell Ultrasharps) don't have this issue with reflectivity, but the downside is that the image can look a bit "dirtier" and less vibrant (this does vary between monitors as not all anti-glare implementations are of the same level).

Associate
OP
The reason why I have gone for these 2 monitors is the price they are going for.

The hp one is £100 and I can grab the Hansspree one for £80.

I appreciate the heads up with the link its just these 2 choices are really my only choices because of the low LOW price.

Any more advice or feedback on these two would be great.

Back
Top Bottom