• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Monitor and GPU upgrade time?

Great setup, enjoy! Big screen OLED gaming is amazing as I've recently discovered. Over Christmas I have to move my setup to the bedroom (my wife insists on keeping the massive Christmas tree she bought years ago) so I've been playing with the PC hooked up to my S95B while sat on the sofa, using a wedge of cardboard for my mouse and keyboard.

The difference between it and my VA monitor is astounding. The frame rate is lower obviously, even with FSR2 (mainly played Darktide-hooked on it ATM), but it still feels very smooth and is totally worth it for the picture quality.

I'm now annoyed I decided against an AW3423DWF when they were £660.

So I’ve ended up ordering the LG C3 42” and a 7900 XTX. I may well wall mount it, but I’ll try the stand it comes with first.

Looking forward to getting back into PC gaming after some time out of the loop.

I also have a 55” S95B that faces my console gaming chair, so it’ll be interesting to compare. I’ll likely end up with my PS5 for exclusives, skipping out the next Xbox and using my PC instead.

Already tempted to buy Cyberpunk and BG3 again, but for PC.
My friend just ditched his 55" and went with the 42" C3 too and absolutely loves it!

I have just reinstalled cyberpunk and the new DLC, die to my brother's recommendation saying all the bugs have been worked out of it. Not played it yet, but looking forward to it!

Thanks for all the help guys. The C3 is glorious, very happy. Not quite got to grips with desktop use, but then I bought it for gaming. Nearly fell off my chair as I tried the Universim and it zoomed into a planet.

Small technical issue resulting (I think) from my weak PSU, so 1000w PSU arriving tomorrow that will hopefully fix the problem.

Very nice gaming room! I love the UCS Falcon.

That looks about the same distance I sit from mine and I find it pretty much perfect.

Enjoy! If that setup doesn't get you back into your PC then I doubt anything will!

Was finding myself getting a bit of eye strain, so have been working on lighting, adding some bias lighting and a monitor light bar. My eyes are much happier.

I’ve also ordered a Dell U2415 to go to the left of the screen a) because there’s a perfect space there when angled towards me b) I want to use it for things like live performance data c) it’s 16:10 which is meant to be decent when used vertically d) they can be had cheap. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
And we’re done, for now. I’ve added a Dell ‘wing’ to the left of the C3 for sensor monitoring, cctv etc.

S95B (and floor lounger behind the camera) for XSX/PS5 gaming. Govee LED strips and light bars. May add to the wall in due course.

Will upgrade my CPU with the next batch of AMD chips.

Reactions: J.D
Back
Top Bottom