monitor AORUS AD27QD trip breaker and get damaged.

Associate
Hello. I had a good monitor AORUS AD27QD. Yesterday when i was sleep i left monitor on like always. When i woke in morning there was not power in house. Something tripped breaker/fuse.
When i turn up breaker and power back in,monitor just refused to turn on. So monitor i guess tripped breaker somehow and make short circuit.

PC starting normally. Only monitor get damaged.
During night only pc was running and monitor. Other devices was off.

Maybe sell pc if i can experience faults in pc in future?

Somebody said:"Use a quality surge protector on important things and even though the PC works now it may have suffered as well and in a couple months if you experience faults you know why."

Soldato
Unplug the power cable from the back of the monitor, give it a minute, then plug it back in. This did the trick with my monitor when someone tripped the mains. Interestingly, pulling the plug from the wall did nothing. Only removing the cable from the monitor itself got it working again. Hope it works for you.

Associate
OP
We tried with friend,nothing. Also.
Maybe sell pc if i can experience faults in pc in future?

Somebody said:"Use a quality surge protector on important things and even though the PC works now it may have suffered as well and in a couple months if you experience faults you know why."

Soldato
If the monitor has it's own power lead then the fuse in that could have blown, not anything with the PC - usually the monitor has it's own power lead/source. For instance my newest monitor has it's own power brick, and own plug and fuse, so change it for one of the same value and see if that sorts it.

Fuses are there to stop the device with which they are connected from getting damaged - it's their job!

Soldato
If it works now then it should be fine, electronics are very sensitive to power issues but if it works still then it should be ok. It sounds like you don't know what happened, if could have been a surge but it could also be a power cut, either way if it works now then you should be fine.

Soldato
Fuses are there to stop the device with which they are connected from getting damaged - it's their job!
Interestingly, fuses in plugs are there to protect the cable. The device itself usually has its own fuse internally if needed. But it seems it's still often the fuse in the plug that goes first, so check it!

Associate
OP
Hey guys. So that bad monitor ,fuse just blown and tripped breaker yes? I rma that monitor. Have new actually. But asking. Why monitor tripped breaker in house then?

Associate
OP
I sended to rma. Here is shop RMA message:

Shop:"We repaired PSU and sending back good monitor to client"

Is this possible that psu of monitor can trip breaker then if psu inside monitor, failed?

Back
Top Bottom