Monitor Arm Suggestion

Associate
Good afternoon, people.

I'm looking to get a couple of wall mounted, single monitor arms. Ideally with full articulation and able to hold a 27 inch monitor (LG 27GL850-B). Don't really want to be spending more than £50 max for each.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any in particular that should be avoided.

thanks in advance.

Soldato
A lot of people mention Ergotron, although I've always found their quality to get very janky within a few months. User reviews of various models have been rather unfavourable and of the large batch we got at work (about 250) only a handful are still any good.

I ended up getting an AllCam one in 2012, and it's still in use today with my 27" Acer Predator, solid as a rock. I got the GSD 110 which clamps on my desk, but they do wall-mounted variants too.
Cost has gone up from the £55 I paid to about £70, though. You pay for what you get, but you also get what you pay for!

Soldato
Can't speak to wall mounted arms, but i've only ever aimed for arms that support a chunk above the weight i need(you can back off the tension, so why get one on the edge of the weight requirement), purchased two different North Bayou (desk)arms, months apart(liked the first one enough to get a second) and been absolutely thrilled with the quality of both, i could certainly nitpick on some minor points but the quality is there where it matters, for me at least. Swings and roundabouts though, it's a mixed bag of experiences on the lower end of arms(some people really do push the requirements and struggle with basic reading comprehension), i spent a week umming and ahhing over different brands and models.

Spec check your screen(they'll be a PDF i'm sure), find the weight for the screen, if you can find weight without stand awesome, if not just factor in the stand anyway. Aim above that weight requirement. Read reviews, lots, and not just the good ones, read all the bads one especially (some people really are just idiots).

Back
Top Bottom