Monitor backlight

Associate
Are there any monitors known to have a decent backlight uniformity? I'm thinking 20-22". I've had a 206bw and the backlight was terrible clearly noticible recatangle right in the middle during films.

Any ideas? Cheers

Associate
OP
Yeah I meant bleeding =) Any known ones around a cheaper budget? I don't mind alittle around the sides it's just the middle I'm bothered about.

Associate
OP
Could the 206bw of just been a dodgey monitor? Or could someone else with this monitor say what the bleed is like on theirs? Cheers

Soldato
There's a fairly good chance of getting some backlight bleed on just about any LCD, but at the same time there's screens that are more prone, due to shoddy assembly/build quality. Sometimes it will be gaps round the outside where light is leaking through, sometime the panel will be stressed during assembly and that will result in lighter patches.

All you can really do is read as many opinions as possible (searching this forum is a good place to start) from people who have the screens and see if they have any bleed, and thus try to improve your chances. There's no guarantees though, but you can always return a screen you're not happy with using DSRs.

Associate
OP
Yeah i dont mind it around the edges but right in the middle completely ruins the screen. Are there any monitors known to have a bad backlight bleed? And any that are widely known to have little? Reviews Ive read seen to be pretty random some say its good some say bad. Maybes ive just been unlucky with them =/

Back
Top Bottom