Monitor Colour Difference

Associate
Wondering if anyone could give any advice on how I could fix this, if I can fix this.

I've just bought a new monitor which is great, but I've now noticed that my other 2 monitors do not display red correctly at all.

Main monitor is a new VA Panel, other 2 monitors are a TN and an IPS that are around 6 years old.

Here's a picture of an example of the issue I'm having

IMG_20181129_211616.jpg

That colour is 255 R 2 G 2 B. And on my new monitor it shows perfectly fine, but on the TN monitor on the left it's very very orange. On my IPS monitor it's not as pronounced a difference but it's still orange.

I've reset and recalibrated all my monitors in Windows, all 3 monitors are set to RGB Full. I've tested a HDMI cable from the back of one of the affected monitors with my new one and its still red, so it's not a cable issue.

I can't find any options on either monitor that can change the colour enough to make a noticeable difference, neither can I find anything in the AMD Control Panel.

I'd never noticed this before so I guess it's possible that both monitors have been this far out for a while and because I had no comparison I didn't notice, but I'd have thought I'd have noticed Red being that Orange.

Soldato
RGB full?

Having three different panel types is always going to be a problem.

The only way I found to get my monitors to match was with a monitor calibrator. That was with three IPS monitors of the same model but purchased individually over an 18 month period. I've since replaced one of them with a much more modern IPS and was able to get them all to match again using the calibrator.

They aren't the cheapest thing to buy but do take the guesswork out of things. I often find that the brightness needs to be adjusted up or down first to allow enough adjustment of the RGB channels.

Associate
OP
RGB full?

Having three different panel types is always going to be a problem.

The only way I found to get my monitors to match was with a monitor calibrator. That was with three IPS monitors of the same model but purchased individually over an 18 month period. I've since replaced one of them with a much more modern IPS and was able to get them all to match again using the calibrator.

They aren't the cheapest thing to buy but do take the guesswork out of things. I often find that the brightness needs to be adjusted up or down first to allow enough adjustment of the RGB channels.

RGB Full as opposed to RGB Limited or YCbCr, HDMI sometimes detects as a TV and sets it to limited RGB Colour Space.

I understand that the colours might look different between different panel types, but surely Red should still be red and not completely orange.

And it's just red, other colours look the same across all the monitors.

Back
Top Bottom