Monitor connection help

Associate
Hi All

I'm after some guidance.

The wife and i are now working from home, so ive cleared off the desk to get us set up.

I have a 27" Samsung 1440p monitor (Synchmaster SA850T) with DVI, displayport and HDMI. it seems, and i remember reading this way back when i got the monitor, that HDMI only supports 1080p. Ive been using DVI without issue for quite some time. and also displayport, though there was some functional issues, that i cant remember, though that could have been caused by the NUC i was using.

So now i have my work XPS13 with a usbc hub with hdmi, but i can only get 1080p to the monitor. It works fine on monitor at work.

to resolve, i could get a usbc or thunderbolt to displayport cable for the monitor. but the wifes laptop, only has HDMI out. i wondered is there was some sort of HDMI to dual link DVI cable that would allow 1440p.... anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks

Soldato
Monitor (or device you used with it) might not support HDMI version with enough bandwidth.
That marketing scam fad connector was long lagging behind in bandwidth.

Any even remotely modern laptop should support DisplayPort with enough bandwidth for that.
I had like dozen years old Lenovo ThinkPad which worked fine with 2560x1600.

Getting dual link DVI from DisplayPort or HDMI would require somewhat expensive active signal converter.

Back
Top Bottom