1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor for upcoming ps5 and pc

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Jason Heath, May 22, 2020.

1. Jason Heath

Associate

Hi all new to the forumsand I need some advice.
    I'll be purchasing the new ps5 when released and I currently have a pc as well. The pc is running a 980ti.
    I want to know the best monitor to get so I can run ps5 and pc on the same screen

2. techmob

Gangster

I am also considering this
    Rather than a dual pc screen, go for a decent monitor and have the ps5 hooked up to.
    Will keep an eye on this thread

3. Dave2150

Soldato

PS5 will need a 4K monitor for the best experience. PC monitors are overpriced junk these days. You'll be wanting an LG OLED for the best experience, such as the CX48 or CX55. 48" model would be best for desktop use.

4. techmob

Gangster

oled TVs good as gaming monitors then?
    Didn’t think of that

5. Azrael1

Wise Guy

Everyone is looking at LG TVS and for many the new Cx48 OLED for obvious reasons.. size etc

6. Azrael1

Wise Guy

I am lucky as the OLED will literally used for PC and PS5 / Xbox gaming.
    I have other PCs that I can use for day to day - work stuff where elements stay on screen longer etc.

7. budge1972

Wise Guy

We don't know what video outputs come out of the PS5 yet but if it is just HDMI you could be stuck at 4k 60 unless you can find a HDMI 2.1 capable monitor (like the Eve Spectrum)
    Not many titles will be able to do 4k 120 anyway
    I'm saving my pennies for an LG OLED TV that will support 4k 120 on all its HDMI 2.1 ports so I can connect the new Xbox up aswell.
    It would be nice if the new consoles would include a Displayport on the back for better monitor support.