Monitor issues ASUS PG35VQ

Associate
I was using it a few days ago when it suddenly went dead. Tried turning it back on and nothing. I unplugged the power brick from the wall for 5 minutes, then tried it again; this time it worked, but lasted about 10 minutes before it went off again. I tried several times(unplugging it for the wall)and it would come back on for varying amounts of time, but go off again. I thought great this is the second one i have had issues with in less than a year(the first one had a damaged FALD). I unplugged it and left it over night. I thought before I contact anyone about a return I would try it again. The first time I tried it it went off again after about 20 mins. One last try, and tried again. This time it lasted a few days before going off. Been playing games, been on for hours and it was fine. Then I turn it on browsing the web for 5 mins and it died.
I am thinking the problem is the power brick. When the monitor dies it will not turn back on unless I unplug the brick from the wall and leave it a few minutes. Has anyone else had this issue with their monitors power brick or knows their stuff. If it is the brick I would rather try and fix that without having to send the whole monitor back.

Last edited:
Soldato
You could pick up an alternative AC adaptor online but just make sure it matches the output rating of the original ac adaptor.

Is it a 19v 6.32A ac adaptor ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's 20v 14A ac adapter also says 3.2A on it. I did try and google the model number ADP-280BB B, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells it. They all seem to be in Hong Kong. Makes me doubt if they are legit or not.

Soldato
It's 20v 14A ac adapter also says 3.2A on it. I did try and google the model number ADP-280BB B, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells it. They all seem to be in Hong Kong. Makes me doubt if they are legit or not.

I had no idea they would be so expensive either :eek: did you try contacting ASUS asking for a replacement ?

Associate
OP
I cant do until Monday ,but I will. Thanks for the help.I found one place in Europe in Sweden but they are out of stock. It's just under a year old so I really hope ASUS replace it.

Soldato
I cant do until Monday ,but I will. Thanks for the help.I found one place in Europe in Sweden but they are out of stock. It's just under a year old so I really hope ASUS replace it.

Yeah hopefully ASUS will come through and send you out a replacement AC adaptor as it's still under warranty.

Permabanned
Thanks for your help. I lost my job a few months back so this is just extra stress. I hope they come good. Thanks again.

Reboxing a monitor isnt nice at all insist they replace the power brick under warranty at no cost bro, I agree when under stress the last thing you need is something breaking. Normally this is where i pull out section 75 guidance. :p

Permabanned
Phoned them, and they've told me because its not the actual monitor that's faulty and an accessory I have to contact the shop I bought it from.

It probably is the power brick as well, Thier all made in China. There is no reason to send the monitor, Send the power brick to the retailer and onto Asus.

Back
Top Bottom