Monitor Recommendation?

Associate
Looking to replace my old Samsung 32HG70, getting weird coloured horizontal lines across the bottom of the screen, they eventually go if I power cycle the monitor but it's getting worse.

Samsung's G5 looks decent but honestly not sure I want to go curved again, they take up a lot of space on the desk. The G7 again is okay but not sure I want or need 240Hz, 144hz is enough.

Ideally 32" IPS, 1440p with G-Sync, happy to spend up-to around £800, HDR is optional, might consider 4K.

What are my options other than Samsung's curved displays?

Associate
OP
Thought's on Asus ROG Swift PG329Q? seems to tick most of the boxes/ Again 175hz seems unnecessary but... marketing I guess. 90-120hz would be fine for me. :D

Associate
OP
PG329Q is certainly very capable for gaming.
https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_rog_swift_pg329q
Though if you have dimmer room illumintation, contrast of IPS is going look not so good after VA.

Do those symptoms appear when starting monitor from "cold" and not when monitor is warm?

Looks decent enough, anything better on the horizon? Monitor options unless you want to spend £3000+ look to be full of nothing but compromises still.

The issue with the 32HG70 usually only happens when first starting the monitor, once it clears it's usually fine. Strangely enough it's been fine the last two days.

Soldato
Looks decent enough, anything better on the horizon? Monitor options unless you want to spend £3000+ look to be full of nothing but compromises still.
32" 144Hz 4K monitors should start dripping to shops in some weeks-month.
AdobeRGB gamut AU Optronics panel using Asus PG32UQ and Viewsonic XG320U should be that "normal top tier".
Myself have been waiting those models since first information to finally replace approaching 8 year old Dell U3014.

Gigabyte FI32U and few others already released models have Innolux panel.
It actually has better response times than that ludicrously over expensive for LCD with its flaws PG32UQX.
Though overdrive isn't that well implemented and marketing has pushed it too far causing lots of overshoot:
https://youtu.be/hiHU_Bvhjaw?t=430

There's some chance it could be some failing capacitor in monitor's power supply/logic board's filtering, if problem is associated with monitor being cold. (though problem only in part of screen doesn't fit that)
Like ten years ago Samsung basically timed monitors/TVs to fail with cheap capacitorts in badly designed power supplies.

Back
Top Bottom