Monitor returns

Associate
Hey.

Bought the gigabyte G32QC from OCUK and decided to RMA it due to significant backlight bleed and other issues. OCUK have decided it's not a fault and must be returned at my own expense.

My go to was DPD but I'm just realising that monitors are on their prohibited list. Same for many other couriers, or uninsurable.

What's the best way to complete this return?

Ree

Ree

Associate
I haven't fact-checked myself but under Consumer Regulations (replaced DSR) as it's not a fault return is at customers expense.

yeah but you can change your mind about a purchase and they can take a restocking fee. could be wrong am not clued up on this at all.

pretty poor that your being forced to accept bad qc products though.

Associate
OP
It looks like parcel force will do it. Can't see anything on the restrictions page about monitors or TVs. £300 damage and loss insurance.

Still gonna cost me 30 quid. I've reached out to OCUK anyway over it so parcel force is my plan B.

Associate
Sorry to say but im sure Parcelforce don't cover monitors.

Items excluded from compensation for damage
Any items that by their inherent nature are particularly susceptible to damage are excluded from compensation in the event of damage on all services. This includes but is not limited to the below:

• Automotive vehicle parts and body work for example but not limited to doors, bumpers, headlights and other large body parts or panels
  • Cakes of all types
  • Cases (including suitcases and musical instrument cases) when used as external packaging
  • Ceramics or composites wholly or partially made of china and/or porcelain
  • Collectable toys and action figures, where the original packaging contributes to the item’s value
  • Computer monitors – including laptop screens, all-in-one desktops and iMacs
  • Furniture – both flat packed and ready built e.g. tables, chairs, shelves, cupboards and similar items
  • Lighting – fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, X-ray tubes, light bulbs etc. or any other inherently fragile lighting items
  • Models, for example completed kit or scratch build models, dolls houses and architectural models
  • Televisions – including CRT, LCD, LED and Plasma screens

Soldato
Monitors on DPD prohibited list but have been delivering monitors for years from OCUK and various other online stores.

I had to deal with UPS when I was doing a RMA on an Asus monitor, might be worth checking with them.

Associate
OP

Any items that by their inherent nature are particularly susceptible to damage are excluded from compensation in the event of damage on all services. This includes but is not limited to the below:

• Automotive vehicle parts and body work for example but not limited to doors, bumpers, headlights and other large body parts or panels
  • Cakes of all types
  • Cases (including suitcases and musical instrument cases) when used as external packaging
  • Collectable toys and action figures, where the original packaging contributes to the item’s value
  • Furniture – both flat packed and ready built e.g. tables, chairs, shelves, cupboards and similar items
  • Lighting – fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, X-ray tubes, light bulbs etc. or any other inherently fragile lighting items
  • Models, for example completed kit or scratch build models, dolls houses and architectural models
Ah crap. Must have missed that page.

Associate
OP

• Cakes of all types
Do you have a link for this as I can't find these restrictions when creating a parcel. They have a list but nothing about monitors and TVs.

Soldato
I would just say I don’t want it anymore and as it’s assumed location is ocuk anyway they can just keep it and sort out a refund.
If not then go somewhere else in the future.

Associate
I would just say I don’t want it anymore and as it’s assumed location is ocuk anyway they can just keep it and sort out a refund.
If not then go somewhere else in the future.

Sounds like the decision has been made based on conversation rather than the monitor already going back to OCUK. OP needs to get it back to them for the refund.

Back
Top Bottom