Monitor screen switches off intermittently

dal

dal

Associate
Hi,
so my monitor screen will just switch off for about 1-2 seconds then come back on again, this usually only happens maybe once every few days so although it's a bit annoying it's something I can live with. Today it done it 3 times within one minute so I'm thinking I want to get to the bottom of it if possible. The monitor is a ASUS VA249HE ( 24" IPS ) and it's only 7 months old.
Has anyone else had this sort of problem with a monitor ?
What are Asus like when it comes to warrantys ?

Of course it could be the graphics card so I'll change this monitor to the other output on the GPU and my other monitor to the output this monitor is connected to ( other monitor is fine ) and see if the other monitor starts playing up.

Cheers..

Caporegime
If you mean loss of signal then it could be a number of things, faulty monitor, dodgy DP cable, graphics card crashing and driver recovery. If it's a total loss of power then it must be a faulty monitor.

Last edited:

dal

dal

Associate
OP
I think its signal loss, cant say 100% for sure though, I'll see if the power light stays on if it happens again.
I've plugged the cable into a different output in the GPU & also changed the cable, it's not done it since so fingers crossed that's cured it, only time will tell.

Soldato
I had same problem with my 4k monitor...didnt happenbat 1080p but did at higher resolution..... Changed to a spare cable to test and problem hot worse

A new good quality cable fixed it

Back
Top Bottom