monitor stands

ryu

ryu

Associate
hi, i was viewing the gallery thread and noticed a picture of the benq 202fpw with a different stand, oval opposed to the rectangular stand it ships with.

im guessing you can purchase alternative stands for ergonomical advantages with features like tilt/height adjustments etc. im very fond of that model benq as it is designed with a minimilast appearance similar to my current samsung 172x, it also has a tn panel which is a limitation but having said that so does the 172x and has never really been a problem for me.

anyway i've been considering purchasing the new samsung 225BW, although i will definately wait until the black model hits the uk sites. the only thing that puts me off is the oval shaped stand, this is not a major factor but im kinda particular when it comes to the aesthetics, and i think this tft would look great with a rectangular base to stand on. is there any companies that sell these alternatives if indeed they are available and the guy didnt just mod a new stand to his display. wallmounting is an option, but i probably wouldnt even notice the stand anyway but im just curious regardless.

one last question, ive searched around for the new samsung 225bw and most retailers says black/silver with the silver model in the image, you might not be able to answer this but does that mean you can select your preference, or it's because the stand has a touch of black on it or?

anyway thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,
wouldn't imagine you would get a different stand,I expect there isn't a great demand for that sort of thing.Wall mounting would certainly change the apperance of it anyway.If you were to change the stand you would be voiding your warrenty thats what Samsung told me (but thats a fifferent story):) I suppose it depends on if the stand is permantly fixed or detachable.
As for the black/silver on the 225BW it's not black or silver but black and silver.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom