Monitors new XBox X

Associate
I have ordered 3 of these new consoles for me and the boys xmas. I need to procure three monitors a 32"-34" for my desk and two 28" monitors for each of my two boys. I have researched all the 4k freesync screens and am struggling to pinpoint any. I try and lurk on these forums and read up but I'm finding a lot of the cross info confusing.

I want us to experience the best that these new consoles offer within my budget. My budget is approx. £700 for my 32"-34" screen and £400 a pop for my two boys screens. Is there anyone who is more clued up on the monitor scene who is looking to purchase for this purpose and could lend some advice and pointers.

The screens will be used for gaming and Netflix only (ease of use) I have my pc build for all other stuff.

Kind regards Alex

Soldato
at that screen size you won't get HDR so the consoles won't be as good as they can be. Your options are then between a VA panel or IPS. Personal choice, but I prefer VA which leads to the Samsung 850.

That said, if you are willing to increase your budget the LG UD99 is HDR10 at 32" or go up in screen size and get a 4k TV (43" LG 750).

Soldato
Hi

You would be better putting the money towards two 40" 4K HDR tvs for your boys as the selection of 4K HDR monitors is pretty much non existent at the moment and they perform poorly in HDR anyway as they just do not have the brightness output.

Check out the samsung 40" MU6400 or if you want something within your budget the Hisense H43N5700 if you want to go down the route of a 4K HDR tv.

Associate
OP
Hi

You would be better putting the money towards two 40" 4K HDR tvs for your boys as the selection of 4K HDR monitors is pretty much non existent at the moment and they perform poorly in HDR anyway as they just do not have the brightness output.

Check out the samsung 40" MU6400 or if you want something within your budget the Hisense H43N5700 if you want to go down the route of a 4K HDR tv.

I hear you but unfortunately space is a premium, my boys screens are wall mounted in corners Max space 28" and in my office the console will occupy a corner slot where the max size will be 32-34"

Associate
OP
at that screen size you won't get HDR so the consoles won't be as good as they can be. Your options are then between a VA panel or IPS. Personal choice, but I prefer VA which leads to the Samsung 850.

That said, if you are willing to increase your budget the LG UD99 is HDR10 at 32" or go up in screen size and get a 4k TV (43" LG 750).

I like that LG.. a lot.... what is your verdict on the C32HG70

Soldato
I hear you but unfortunately space is a premium, my boys screens are wall mounted in corners Max space 28" and in my office the console will occupy a corner slot where the max size will be 32-34"

Well that is a shame then i guess a montior it has to be so maybe take a look at this one for your boys.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-2...g-widescreen-led-monitor-black-mo-141-lg.html

IPS so will have good viewing angles and colour reproduction and also features 2 x HDMI 2.0 ports with freesync support and vesa mounting.

Back
Top Bottom