Monkey Man (Dev Patel original, w/ Jordan Peele, John Wick-esque)

Soldato
Well this looks cool :cool:

Oscar® nominee Dev Patel (Lion, Slumdog Millionaire) achieves an astonishing, tour-de-force feature directing debut with an action thriller about one man’s quest for vengeance against the corrupt leaders who murdered his mother and continue to systemically victimize the poor and powerless.

Inspired by the legend of Hanuman, an icon embodying strength and courage, Monkey Man stars Patel as Kid, an anonymous young man who ekes out a meager living in an underground fight club where, night after night, wearing a gorilla mask, he is beaten bloody by more popular fighters for cash.

After years of suppressed rage, Kid discovers a way to infiltrate the enclave of the city’s sinister elite. As his childhood trauma boils over, his mysteriously scarred hands unleash an explosive campaign of retribution to settle the score with the men who took everything from him.

Soldato
I'm not entirely sure I buy Dev as a bare-knuckle boxer/MMA type but the kitchen action scene definitely has some "Wick-esque" style which looked quite cool with Dev doing his own stunts and looking quite skilled doing so. TBH though I'm not sure its my kettle of fish as I'm kind of suffering "John Wick" knock-off film fatigue, although it's probably doing the film a disservice to call it, that but thats how the trailer makes it look to me.

Soldato
OP
although it's probably doing the film a disservice to call it, that but thats how the trailer makes it look to me.
Yeah maybe I shouldn’t have put it in the subject, I don’t think they’re trying to sell it as that to be fair. You can’t call every action movie John Wick esque :p

Back
Top Bottom