Monsoon hardline glue

Associate
Good evening, my water loop decided to p!$$ all over my xfire set up killing the bottom gpu and possibly top where some water got under the top plate. bit of green corrosion like substance where the xfire led lives, bottom card has not got a top plate there's a 50p size of corrosion like crap.

Anyway I found the cuase the glue that holds the collar to the tube had failed on one of the fittings. Seems I somehow got skin oil on the tubing and the glue did not adhere it also seems I missed this one when I reglued all collars as the tube is smooth and i roughed up the collars and tube.
Now I have only one collar to glue and I can't find the uv glue I did find three bottles of liquid cement (used to glue plastic bits in models) in verious viscositys. I don't mind ordering one bottle of glue ocuk have it in stock problem is it will be Monday or Tuesday by the time I get it, I was hoping to get wildlands and play Saturday night.

Would liquid cement be safe to use on pteg? It Dissolves the plastic to make a bond.

Associate
Hi, sorry to hear that - everyones worst nightmare, sounds like similar stuff to plumbers solvent cement (not recommending!!!!!) for waste pipes, however the packaging does not mention petg pipe and I would say not for acyrlic, while designed for low pressure it is used for macerator toilet pipework. However, after 1 leak would you risk trying anything else, I certainly wouldn't. I would only use the proper stuff! Reward vs risk scenario. I also found a post on another website:

'Got a roll of PETG filament. Prints look nice and somewhat semi-transparent, but the surface is not perfectly smooth (especially on top and bottom surfaces, you can see lines formed by each pass of the extruder.) I want to create a glossy finish and for that I need something that will dissolve PETG. The problem is that PETG is apparently immune to acetone and most other commonly used solvents. Googling turned up a number of possible candidates, which were, for the most part, highly toxic, unavailable online'.

Sorry I know this doesn't help you - but If acetone does not affect it I would not try any substitutes full stop.

Associate
OP
I see what you mean by reward vs risk, I chose monsoon hd because I already spend a load on these mod my toys fittings, using monsoon hd ment I could still use these fittings by adding the silver bases a fraction of the price of new fittings.
Also I thought the way the fitting clamps the pipe was more secure than pushing tube though a few orings.
Next build/leak I'm going back to soft tube, so much easier for maintenance and upgrades.

Anyway I tried the model glue on some scrap and it didt work. I did find my glue, on leak test #2 just had to quicksteel a split fitting now to see if I still have a gpu. I'm off to eBay for a second 290

Last edited:
Associate
Fair play, well done on the persistence, fingers crossed here, imagine you could pick up one pretty cheap - good cards though. Used to have a water blocked r9 295x2 but sold it due to the waiting for crossfire profiles. Gone the single card route since but was a beast of a card!

Back
Top Bottom