Moped car to come next year.... dear god why!

Associate
These are a joke. I really hope they aren't allowed on dual carriageways. It'll be like following a tractor. It will frustrate people causing them to overtake in built up areas because they can't do the 30-40mph speed limits.

And at 10k......wow. I never new 16 year olds had this much money. So there will be more younger aged people getting into debt to pay for one of these monstrosities. In fact can you even get a loan at 16! Mummy and daddy will have to pay for it.

I would rather wait a year and get a decent Clio or equivalent and spend 5k on the car and whatever ridiculous amount they want for insurance and still come under the 10k.

What a waste of money. I hope they all burst into flames!!!!

Soldato
I'm all for it if they could replace all the mopeds! A "car" is easier to see and judge the slow speed of out in the countryside and the passing is not really any different I think. Then if you do happen to run into them hopefully it is a bit safer than a moped!

added bonus they can't filter in traffic and get ahead of you and hold you up again at and after lights - although they can hold you up all the way instead.

Soldato
Well hopefully it will cull some of the idiots that razz about on scooters. They might try some of thier zipping in and out of traffic at 28mph in one of these with a couple of mates in, straight into the path of a bus.

Soldato
So the government are inventing a driving licence for 16 year olds to drive a light quadricycle for 1 year...

I can't believe I'm stuck with this bunch of morons until 2015!

Soldato
I like the idea, but the thought that someone can get on the road in a car, with only a CBT is quite scary. I say just let kids start driving from 16, and actually have limiters present on car power like with bikes under certain ages.

Associate
Sounds erm "refined"

They were talking about these on radio 1 yesterday talking to a man in spain where they already have had them a couple of years

The response was "yeah, if you see one on the road you give it a wide berth..."

Back
Top Bottom