• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MORE 8 PACK PRE-BINNED CPU's AVAILABLE UPTO 5.2GHz!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well as the 5.0GHz 8 Pack Pre-Binned CPU has being a huge success we have now added a 5.1GHz and 5.2GHz version:

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.8GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Pre-Binned Processor - OEM @ £398.99 inc VAT

Pre-binned 4.8GHz capable, Quad Core with Hyperthreading Technology, 14nm Process, 8MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, Integrated Iris DX12 Graphics, 1 Year Warranty

Only £398.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Intel Core i7-7700K 5.0GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Pre-Binned Processor - OEM @ £455.99 inc VAT

Pre-binned 5.0GHz capable, Quad Core with Hyperthreading Technology, 14nm Process, 8MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, Integrated Iris DX12 Graphics, 1 Year Warranty

Only £455.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Intel Core i7-7700K 5.1GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Pre-Binned Processor - OEM @ £599.99 inc VAT

Pre-binned 5.1GHz capable, Quad Core with Hyperthreading Technology, 14nm Process, 8MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, Integrated Iris DX12 Graphics, 1 Year Warranty

Only £599.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Intel Core i7-7700K 5.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Pre-Binned Processor - OEM @ £899.99 inc VAT

Pre-binned 5.2GHz capable, Quad Core with Hyperthreading Technology, 14nm Process, 8MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, Integrated Iris DX12 Graphics, 1 Year Warranty

Only £899.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I also appreciate how people want to do the overclocking themselves but would like some form of guarantee for a small premium as such I am offering two retail un-opened/sealed processors that carry an overclocking guarantee for a small premium:

Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz @ 4.8GHz Guarantee OC (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail @ £259.99 inc VAT

Quad Core Technology, 4.80GHz clock speed, 14nm Process, 6MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, Integrated Iris DX12 Graphics, 3 Year Warranty

Only £259.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 4.7GHz Guarantee OC (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail @ £379.99 inc VAT

Quad Core with Hyperthreading Technology, 4.70GHz clock speed, 14nm Process, 8MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, Integrated Iris DX12 Graphics, 3 Year Warranty

Only £379.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

We expect these too be a huge hit as the premium is small and it prevents you from getting stuck with a complete lemon of a CPU. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Small premium? £899 for a 7700k, you could buy two and bin the rubbish one and still be better off. ;)

Still potentially not have a 5.2GHz CPU. We find out of every 100 tested only 1-2 chips achieve this clock 24/7 stable, so you'd need to buy a lot more. ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Now please be honest here, these have to be de-lids then re-lids? Most of the half decent 7700K's with a re-lid can do 5.2GHz even if they could only do 4.9 prior to said de-lid.

We test before de-lidding! So 5.2GHz was stable without de-lid. The chip is then de-lidded this to guarantee absolutely stability and still leave a little headroom on the table.

End of the day, you do not have to buy, but not many chips can do this speed stable and you could end up buying 1 or 100 CPU's until you found one, it removes the gamble of the silicon lottery and for many the premium is worth it because in the long run they could be saving thousands.

When 8 Pack was a customer he was buying CPU's and graphics cards like crazy from me, then one day I said, dude what the hell are you doing with all this stuff you keep buying, he explained who he was, I gave him a job! :D

OcUK Staff
OP
What I meant (and upon re reading my post I still feel I was perfectly clear) was rather than buy a pre binned oem chip one can buy a retail chip (which yes we know aren't binned and are unopened) and still be in with a very high chance of getting 5ghz.

4.8 being a dead cert given it's a paltry 300mhz over stock. I'm afraid your jumping to a conclusion that simply isn't there.

4.7 - 85% do this (this is why we offer retail un-opened boxes guaranteed to this)
4.8 - 70% do this
5.0 - 30% do this
5.1 - 10% do this
5.2 - under 3% do this

We actually test them without de-lidding and above the advertised speeds with just 120mm AIO cooling. So the product you get will run cooler than how we tested it unless your using a rubbish air cooler, otherwise any AIO wil do and those on H20 should be able to get beyond what we advertise.

All the above is in reference to the 7700k and how we test which is rather stressful to the CPU to ensure its stability in a customer environment.

The 5.2 is very expensive with good reason, very few can do it and those who are benchmarking, want the best or are professional users trying to cut down on processing time find such processors in-valuable as it saves them big money on binning themselves or improves their efficiency and as such making them more money.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well I can't refute your figures but how are they validated as they are very different to 8packs earlier figures posted here (post 59) https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...7600k-bundles-5ghz-5-1ghz-del.18764249/page-3

I know they are 'earlier' figures but I wouldn't expect such variance either.

His figures were de-lidded, mine are based without de-lidding, as de-lidding the CPU can help reduced temps by a good 20c or so and it can result in 50-100MHz more stable.

All our pre-binned CPU's are tested, at this point they get their model name, so 4.8, 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2 for example. They are then de-lidded and re-tested at the clock they previously attained stable. We do it this way so when customers get these chips they can easily hit the advertised speed, many customers will no doubt gain an additional 100MHz on top if they have the top kit and H20 cooling.

OcUK Staff
OP
No!

Dont know exact numbers but as an example it will be like this, OCUK take delivery of 10 trays of OEM cpu's, 1 tray will go for the binning process and the other 9 gets put on the shelf for selling in the normal manor, UNTOUCHED!

That is correct!

7700k retail and 7700k OEM are un-touched and un-tested product, customers buying those could end up with a 4.7 or 5.3 CPU, the gamble is down to them.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah. If only there was someone here who has already build a custom water cooled ryzen pc to be shown off at the amd booth at CES who could give us some insight on this

AMD know we build the best systems in the world, hence why we built it. Everything else is NDA!

OcUK Staff
OP
Is it though? Are the 4.8 bins really just a de-lidded CPU? Or are the they "worst" of the CPU's you bin? The former still keeps you in the silicon lottery, and still gives a chance of a 5.0/5.2 CPU. The latter does not.

All chips are tested, binned into their category. They are then de-lidded and re-tested for function and temp, but not re-binned.

OcUK Staff
OP
So you effectively lost OcUK one of their best customers and in fact pay him (losing OcUK even more money) to do what he used to do before but without all the sales generated for OcUK?

This is why in Business 101 you never hire a customer, especially a good one.

Does 8 pack for instance still buy tons of CPU's and GPU's or simply keep the best one aside for himself, then buy that one?

If 8 Pack was our only customer we'd be having rather big issues. My decision and the rest of management to employ Mr Pack was a sound one as Overclockers UK does what it did ten years ago again today by offering OC chips, OC bundles and we even take it one step further with 8 Pack branded products and systems. Not so his head explodes but employing him has allowed OcUK to grow, particular into more professional segments where there are corporates looking for machines so powerful they come to ourselves as no one else can provide them. :)

We are now probably one of the largest companies in the UK that have remained focused on our core activity which is gaming and overclocked computer hardware/systems. Whereas most of our competitors seeked growth in other areas, essentially broadlining we have grown by staying focused on our gaming/OC customers and focusing our strength on such core areas. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
4.8 and 5.0 is where we expect sales volume and those are already selling quite well, so far 50+ 5.0's sold and 4.8's we sold 4pc over weekend and 1 unit of 5.1

We don't want to sell big volumes of 5.1 and 5.2 because they are much lower volumes to hit this speed and they are priced as such.

As 8 Pack said anyone buying a 5.2 will achieve that as a minimum clock on a basic 120mm AIO cooler. Those with H20 and the best hardware could be seeing 5.3-5.5GHz with such a CPU. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
The extra premium on the 4.8 is for deliding.

After delid the chips that I tried can then do at least 4.9 most 5g with less than 1.4v. Ofcourse we delid you get full warranty..... I am aiming for satisfied customers so I bin conservatively. Not running eye balls out to get a certain bin but more 100Mhz lower than can be achieved.

Like gibbo said we now sold well over 50 5g with many more sold in systems and bundles and not one return with most guys hitting 5.1.

5.1 bundles also zero returns and all sent out at 5.2ghz oc by myself. We are looking for satisfied customers here.

Only pre binned sku are anything to do with me.......

I was not going to mention our process but yes like Pack says every CPU we bin is:
- Binned before de-lidding with a 120mm AIO cooler
- Binned at 100MHz above the advertised speed before it is de-lidded to ensure stability in the customers setup, this is due to PSU, motherboard and memory differences, plus of course cooling etc.
- They are then de-lidded after being graded.

So in short, the 4.8 is tested at 4.9 and is stable at 4.9, it then gets de-lidded and the only re-test at that stage is at 4.9 again and testing for temps/stability, we do not try to push it higher. This then goes in the 4.8 boxes.

In short the chips do the advertised speeds without breaking a sweat, due to everything being tested 100MHz higher than advertised and prior to de-lidding.

As such many 4.8's will hit 5.0 especially for customers with the elite tier hardware and the larger/better AIO coolers or custom H20 cooling.

The 5.2 chip we sell, in theory in the perfect setup would actually hit around 5.4GHz.

We want customer satisfaction, but at the same time we are not testing 100's of CPU's and then charging a minimal fee, it has to be a profitable exercise for us as a company. That is why the chips than are graded above 5.1 cost a lot more due to their rarity and our testing procedure.

Those who are unhappy with the pricing, well sorry but tough, its a service so you can either cough up and pay or you can just buy a sealed retail CPU and chance the silicon lottery yourself just like you can by buying anywhere, were just offering our customers more options, but of course nothing is free and you cannot have your cake and eat it, were a business afterall. If you think you can do better, then setup in business and start selling pre-binned CPU's. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
After seeing much binning, I dont believe in silicon lottery from you Guys, sorry. You already picked up batches with potential 4.8GHz+ below 1.4V, and I doubt anyone would get retailed version that is good overclocker.

I really appreciate your service, no faults here. But as I know you are binning CPUs, that is the only thing I wouldn't buy from you. Nor from other retailers that do prebinning or sell PCs with "guaranteed 5GHz OC".

@8Pack
I left you a PM ;)

For the upteen time, we do not buy retail chips selectively and we do not test retail chips. Our stocks of retail processor is purchased from authorised UK distributors just the same as our competitors and when those CPU's arrive they go on the shelf in our warehouse, they are not sectioned off, they are a free for all. We use OEM CPU's for our binning and then when we do buy in batches we buy thousands, so the stock on the shelf un-tested is the same batch and silicon lottery remains.

Retail chips are not tested for the simple reasons they are sealed product from Intel and as I am the owner of CPU stocks, I do not allow them to be open or tested, only OEM stock is allowed to be removed for testing, binning, system integration and then anything removed does not go back into the stock, so the weakest CPU's will be graded as such or used in systems which do not feature overclocks.

As such anyone buying retail and even OEM gets a true silicon lottery CPU, if you read the reports on these forums of people buying CPU's from us that were not pre-tested you can see some are hit around 4.8 and others are hitting 5+ and some as high as around 5.3 area.

As such we would appreciate you stop spreading false information about us please.

Back
Top Bottom