• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5ghz+5.1ghz++ delidded+ 8PACK Elite Tier and Xtreme Kabylake 7700K and 7600K bundles 5ghz+5.1ghz+del

Soldato
In my testing you only really need to replace the TIM past 5Ghz or if you are looking to cool on air. All my samples and now my retails are fine with 5Ghz 1.3v and the temps have been approximately 80 Degrees max on a H100 with the fans set to silent.

Soldato
Yeah but worth the whopping premium?? For some sure, but come on, paying this is pure e-peen.

for myself and others on the forum that otherwise need to bin our own chips it's actually more cost and time efficient to get 8 pack to do it for us.

on the basis of time and cost what they are charging is decent value. it depends how much your time is worth to you.

for myself and others on the forum that otherwise need to bin our own chips it's actually more cost and time efficient to get 8 pack to do it for us.

on the basis of time and cost what they are charging is decent value. it depends how much your time is worth to you.

What are you using your computer for that 200GHz or so makes such a difference that its even worth taking the time to bin them yourself?

People will buy them with no judgement from me (warranty and properly checked by 8pack) just don't pretend it makes much of a difference in real world use, its epeen don't kid yourself :D

Associate
Why you trying AVX testing at those voltages you will kill your CPU man.

1.6v is only a sub zero cooling amount of Vcore.

I only put in 1.6v to get the 5.6ghz screen shot, which was temporary - there was no load on the processor with this voltage and it stayed around 1.2v.

I actually put the AVX offset on at 5.2ghz, so IBT was switching between 5ghz and 5.2ghz (which was the speed for non avx tests in IBT). I was seeing whether I could get stable at 5.2, but 5.1 is my ceiling.

Intel suggest these cpus (or at least skylake) can take around 1.52v max, and I'm pretty sure my board's VRMs are struggling to supply current at the high level voltages anyway.

EDIT:

I run mine at 5.1 with a negative 1 avx offset at 1.376v, yet when idle it shows:

5_1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Would be cool if you could include a bundle option for just the CPU/Mobo but appreciate its less of a deal then. Just don't need any of the other parts so being able to select 'none' to reduce the cost would be spot on.

Soldato
Do... do they come with a £500 tub of lube? :S

Well, jokes aside, yeah that's a big old premium, but I sort of get it. I could imagine it taking a day to properly run a CPU through its paces, bin it, delid it, and stability test it. A dealership garage would hit you for £50-60 per hour in labour costs, we perhaps shouldn't have expected this service to be anything less. Not to mention the fact that you could put a golden chip up for auction at well above retail price.

None of this has reduced our options to play the silicon lottery as we always have. For those who can afford a winning ticket, good luck to you :)

Caporegime
Do... do they come with a £500 tub of lube? :S

Well, jokes aside, yeah that's a big old premium, but I sort of get it. I could imagine it taking a day to properly run a CPU through its paces, bin it, delid it, and stability test it. A dealership garage would hit you for £50-60 per hour in labour costs, we perhaps shouldn't have expected this service to be anything less. Not to mention the fact that you could put a golden chip up for auction at well above retail price.

None of this has reduced our options to play the silicon lottery as we always have. For those who can afford a winning ticket, good luck to you :)

I can't imagine it takes experienced overclockers much longer than a couple of hours to set these up, most of the process is just running stability tests.

That premium is mental, I've seen real golden sample chips (top 10%) with less of a premium on previous CPU's.

Only plus side to buying from OCUK is they're legit and should anything go wrong you'll have a new one in no time.

Soldato
Would be cool if you could include a bundle option for just the CPU/Mobo but appreciate its less of a deal then. Just don't need any of the other parts so being able to select 'none' to reduce the cost would be spot on.

+1, this would suit me too - we can hope.

Soldato
What are you using your computer for that 200GHz or so makes such a difference that its even worth taking the time to bin them yourself?

People will buy them with no judgement from me (warranty and properly checked by 8pack) just don't pretend it makes much of a difference in real world use, its epeen don't kid yourself :D

i did not say that it did make a perceptible difference to software perf but it will to my heat output on my mini itx rig. i had to bin my 6700k myself, my chip is not the best but i run it day to day at 4.7ghz at 1.36v and bench at 4.8. it will not run stable at 4.9 or 5ghz regardless of voltage.

if i buy a 5.1ghz bin it means that i can bench at 5ghz and run the chip at 4.7 at lower volts at 4.7 than i otherwise can with skylake.

if i buy a pre binned and delidded chip it will save me time and effort.

Soldato
if i buy a pre binned and delidded chip it will save me time and effort.

It honestly takes about 5 mins so its more accepting the risk so there is a value in this, plus the clocking if you're not up for that job. I'm not sure its to the value quoted but each to their own and agree there is a section of people this is aimed at.

I'd also lap the IHS, probably save 0.001c but i'll know its all copper shiny in there :D

I only put in 1.6v to get the 5.6ghz screen shot, which was temporary

Probably would have been better just to photoshop it. Equally pointless.

Associate
It honestly takes about 5 mins so its more accepting the risk so there is a value in this, plus the clocking if you're not up for that job. I'm not sure its to the value quoted but each to their own and agree there is a section of people this is aimed at.

I'd also lap the IHS, probably save 0.001c but i'll know its all copper shiny in there :D

The screen shot was to prove a point elsewhere about how a marketing slide was misleading, not for internet kudos, lol.

Soldato

Yes, delidding will probably take about 5 mins. But the binning process must take a few hours per binned chip surely? Even if you were right on the ball, and quick as brown stuff, you still have to mount chip + cooler, OC, bench, remove and clean. And presumably you will have to do this a few times to find the better chips. Must take at least 1 hour per chip I would imagine. And presumably 70% of them wouldn't make the cut? Unless he is only going for the top 50% of chips, in which case, you would be cheaper just buying 2 chips, and keeping the better one, then selling on the poorer one.

You could even buy that de-lidding tool, and delid the one you sell on, and charge a mark-up for that, lol. Or at least get back what you paid.

OcUK Staff
OP
Windows 7 is working but is a pain in the ass with AHCI and USB drivers needing integrating into install media.

I have asked for our sales team to give a no cooler option on these bundles. That should be amended soon. If you wish to buy now without cooler just call sales.

OcUK Staff
OP
I tested around 300 CPU so far.

Terrible is 4.7ghz about 3%

About 45% can do 5ghz with delid. About 18-20% can do 5.2ghz with Delid (Xtreme Bundle CPUm is this one or above),about 4% can do 5.3 with delid and 1% 5.4 with delid. The above figures are 24-7 stable for Real Bench, XTU with 3D running etc etc.

The rest are 4.8-4.9 capable.

I have tried on some Z170 boards yes but not the Z170-E.

Back
Top Bottom