More GB or higher Mhz?

Soldato
Then theres no point.

But as a general rule you can't beat having enough ram over speed because if you run out of memory then the pc slows.
This. RAM size is pass/fail really, you're either going to have memory usage issues or not. It won't affect speed or performance, whereas RAM speed will* (might, depending on your actual tasks).

It's like a really really fast 2 seat sports car. Speed won't compensate for size if you have 2 kids to carry around :D

Soldato
Is Mhz more important than GB size?

I have 4 x 8GB 4000Mhz ram but wondering if selling this and getting 4 x 16GB 3600Mhz would make any noticeable difference?

what do you do with the system??
if you just game, your in a very good place 32gb @ 4000Mhz is good

if you video edit or 3d model why dont you have 128gb...

when it come to ram it all depends on what you do. i just had to RMA my sons ram so right now he as 8gb and as noticed no difference in games

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
what do you do with the system??
if you just game, your in a very good place 32gb @ 4000Mhz is good

if you video edit or 3d model why dont you have 128gb...

when it come to ram it all depends on what you do. i just had to RMA my sons ram so right now he as 8gb and as noticed no difference in games
I am getting into video editing and a bit of photoshop, I mainly play older titles as new games seem to be devoid of playability.

Soldato
Not the sort of game that would interest me
Ok so, so far we have:

- You don't like new games
- You don't want to play games like Cyberpunk 2077
- You don't think there's a point to 4k

So I guess you prob won't need to upgrade your 32GB RAM. FYI I'm on 16GB DDR3 and I play whichever games take my interest.

Back
Top Bottom