More NI trouble? - Police officer shot dead

Man of Honour
Ahh Jesus, that's 2 seconds around the corner from my house. That's the last thing we need. That area is rife with the RIRA. Only a few months ago they got all the kids to hijack busses and lorries to burn them out to create roadblocks. God knows why.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Ahh Jesus, that's 2 seconds around the corner from my house. That's the last thing we need. That area is rife with the RIRA. Only a few months ago they got all the kids to hijack busses and lorries to burn them out to create roadblocks. God knows why.

My girlfriend (who's from NI) always tells stories of how people used to block the emergency services from coming through.

Just seems so odd, I really don't get these people. From what I've seen and heard it's just people looking for trouble and using the political backdrop as an exscuse.

Man of Honour
Oh jeez . . . . Not again!

I hope this is short lived and doesnt escvalate any further. Feel sorry for you Scuzi . . . . Must be nerve wracking.

Not at all as I'm not a target. It is bloody frustrating though as it will inevitably mean loads of vehicle check points and the increased police presence will undoubtedly result in riots breaking out. Vehicles will be hijacked and burned out to block roads and there'll probably be another exchange of gunfire at some point.

As I said in the other thread, if the Loyalist paramilitaries "retaliate" for these attacks, we're plunged straight back into the days of old. WE might be okay if they sit tight but the second they do somethign in retaliation, peace is going to fly out the window unless drastic measures are taken.

Soldato
OP
My girlfriend (who's from NI) always tells stories of how people used to block the emergency services from coming through.

Yep, and they do still by placing burnt out cars on roads etc. It's stupid now though.

It is bloody frustrating though as it will inevitably mean loads of vehicle check points and the increased police presence will undoubtedly result in riots breaking out. Vehicles will be hijacked and burned out to block roads and there'll probably be another exchange of gunfire at some point.

There was a vehicle checkpoint on tate's avenue in Belfast during the day before the Nazzareene shootings, and on several other main roads in Belfast centre, was reported in the final telegraph as if they were expecting trouble.

Soldato
Arm police and other emergency services and tell them to shoot to kill. Its about time they could defend themselves tbh...

sorry but imo, anyone who does something like deliberatly blocking or attacking emergency services should be shot or removed from the country.

Soldato
Arm police and other emergency services and tell them to shoot to kill. Its about time they could defend themselves tbh...

sorry but imo, anyone who does something like deliberatly blocking or attacking emergency services should be shot or removed from the country.

Police here are already armed

Soldato
That's the one. The police were at my house back in the 80s when I was a kid and to keep me occupied, on of the police men let me play with his revolver, not loaded obviously. Anyone know what model it was? I'd love to get a pic of one.

Yeah i mind them myself, but cant think of the model

Back
Top Bottom