More Royal Mail Strike on its way...

Soldato
61,623 voted strike. Apparently we have 2million unemployed? I'm pretty sure that 61k could be replaced with competent willing people to work. They're just going on strike for the sake of ******* striking.

Edit - I'm too slow Stellios. :(

Edit2 - They're moaning about modernisation!!?!? How do you modernise postal and parcel delivery!? RM can't be the medium for e-mail that would be retarded. How do you modernise it, seriously, how?

Government stole their pensions.

But you are right they shouldn't strike. They should take .gov.uk to court.

Soldato
How are they even allowed to strike? I don't know much about unions, but surely you have a contract and you must work, don't turn up and you get fired?

Soldato
Not at all. You and I could find 30,000 suitable workers in a fortnight. Easily. Keep the managers, obviously, as they seem to work hard.

They've got 16,000 temporaries lined up, I'll give you that much. But they turned me down as I can't work Wednesdays due to my degree (not that they had any shifts available till December anyway). I offered to do Saturdays instead but that wasn't deemed sufficient.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Aren't RM already in huge debt?

You'd think they'd want to cut costs, yet the workers want more money.

You can see where it's headed... down the bog.

Caporegime
How are they even allowed to strike? I don't know much about unions, but surely you have a contract and you must work, don't turn up and you get fired?

Well it's RM management who are trying to force through changes to terms and conditions, so technically they are the ones in breach of contract. In non-unionised workplaces staff pretty much have to shut up and accept this (trust me, I know).

Soldato
Man this is ******* me off now.

I've just walked down to the sorting office for a 2nd time today, only to be told the package I missed (as I work 9-5 surprise surprise) still isn't back there yet (due to the backlog) for me to pick up. Where the hell is it? Sat in the back of some posties van while they're laying bets no doubt.

No Competitors!!

Soldato
Well it's RM management who are trying to force through changes to terms and conditions, so technically they are the ones in breach of contract. In non-unionised workplaces staff pretty much have to shut up and accept this (trust me, I know).

That and the pension mess.

Soldato
This has affected my work place a lot.

Got so many pieces of PC equipment and software waiting to be delivered.

Do they not realise that people need their posts for paying bills, keep businesses going?

Selfish tossers who should be sacked.

Soldato
Royal Mail told me today they have no vacancies till December. What are they playing at here? :confused:

Nothing to stop them making the temporary workers permanent, I'm surprised they haven't done that.

Sorting office 5miles from me just took 300temp staff on to cover Christmas :S

Commissario
*thinks about starting a mail company. thinks about it. realises the how much work it would be. passes it on to someone else*

Associate
Everyone has a right to strike. I will be supporting them, As as a Civil Servant in N.Ireland I know people have to strike at times to get the point across.

And due to striking a few years ago and fighting with the goverment. Northern Ireland Civil serveants low paid staff are now due 6 years back pay. Due to cost the goverment an estimated 100m.

Associate
Everyone has a right to strike.

Yes but critical infrastructure really shouldn't be allowed to in a lot of respects... and to a large extent mail is a key infrastructure same as the fire strikes 5 years ago.

RM staff are in general underpaid and underappriciated but no post for however long they strike for has major effects to a majority of businesses in the country, which is less than useful in the current financial instabilities. Speaking as somebody who relies on the post for business mail.

Back
Top Bottom