Morning noise

Soldato
I've been clattering and banging for a couple of months now... Never past 7/8ish in the evenings and never before 9am ish. Certainly only 3 maybe 4 days a week at most.
The neighbour has come and had a rant but there's nowt she can do legally. I've bought a house I want to do up and unfortunately that's just tough ****

I tried to keep things friendly but she hasn't.

Do you plan on living there or renting it? If you want to live there, you may have issues with your neighbours. :p

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I guess it depends somewhat on why you only had 4 hours sleep. If you were at work until the early hours then yes, I can see how that would be annoying but if you were up partying then I have less sympathy.

Suck it up and enjoy the sunshine, you can have a mid afternoon nap under a tree or something later and that will feel epic.

Soldato
To be honest I have no issues with someone starting work at 7am, (as long as it's quiet in the 11pm-7am period normally given by the Council). Whilst 7am is not early I will personally put off doing noisy things myself, like mowing the lawn, until 10am on a Saturday.

I do get annoyed though at these people that seem to think they can waste half of peoples day by not letting them make any noise in the morning because they have been out on the lash the previous night ... no sympathy at all

Soldato
Do you plan on living there or renting it? If you want to live there, you may have issues with your neighbours. :p

Yes but despite houses adjoining, we're on different streets.

I've been friendly enough but she doesn't seem to know how to hold a conversation or have any manners... That won't get you far in my book.

Soldato
Yes but despite houses adjoining, we're on different streets.

I've been friendly enough but she doesn't seem to know how to hold a conversation or have any manners... That won't get you far in my book.

Some people are just like that unfortunately ... I used to have an insane woman living next door who was insistent I was making to much noise all the time, (even when I provably wasn't).

Soldato
My council it is 8am-6pm mon-fri and 8am-1pm sat that you can make noise from building work.

Not like that stopped the dodgy cowboy builder that renovated next door that knocked walls down and all sorts at 9pm at night and similar work at 8am on a Sunday morning.

What about scrap metal collectors? Where I live now in Stafford, our local scrap guy used to blare out his horn (sounded like a fanfare) at 9AM on Sundays. I think the council had some complaints as it's stopped now, but you'll still hear it on other days of the week.

Back
Top Bottom