morrowind patches?

Soldato
@ work so I can't check, but are there any patches that get rid of those Cliff Racer mobs? they've gotta be the most irratating mobs in the history of computer games :mad:

Soldato
OP
Minstadave said:
Better bodies and better heads are both good too.
that sounds interesting... the models are pretty awful.

the worst thing so far is the walking speed, why the hell is it so slow? even with the run button pressed its not that much better.

Caporegime
seek said:

the worst thing so far is the walking speed, why the hell is it so slow? even with the run button pressed its not that much better.

The speed gets better as you level up, and when you find the boots of blinding speed.

Associate
part of the game, you will get faster as your level goes up, morrowind starts harder than oblivion. Takes a while before u can take on most things.

Better than oblivion once u get into it IMO

EDIT: lol, that blind you

Associate
Jack Bauer said:
Better than oblivion once u get into it IMO

Totally agree. Not played more than about 8 hours of Oblivion yet so perhaps I should suspend my judgement for a while but it's all so dumbed down. Seems like it was aimed for 8-10 yr olds -there's no need for the old grey matter, you're spoon fed everything in a quest: who to speak to, where to go, etc...
Even the graphics aren't improved that much in my opinion. Sure, the landscape looks nice up close but the towns are really boring looking & the scenery/buildings flicker in & out too much for my liking even on full settings. The inventory/quest screen is just horrible.
Perhaps I would feel differently if I'd played Oblivion before Morrowind. Perhaps I was just expecting too much from the game.
[/rant]

Associate
FishPolice said:
Seems like it was aimed for 8-10 yr olds -there's no need for the old grey matter, you're spoon fed everything in a quest: who to speak to, where to go, etc...

[/rant]

That sumed it up for me m8, its just a little too easy. That aint to say that im not enjying it, just that morrowind was the better game. I also miss the landscape (wierd plants and world in general) from morrowind, but oblivion is growing on me.

Soldato
seek said:

Get the better bodys and heads mods as i think they're a must have, i wouldn't get any big game play effecting mods if its your first time playing just get the various game enhancing ones, maybe add more as you feel the need.

I wouldn't feel wrong about cheating for speed as it takes too long to build up and its nothing special, open the console with the button usually under Esc and type player->setspeed 100 or 80 if you think thats too fast, i wouldn't go over 100 but thats up to you.

Soldato
OP
Radiation said:
Get the better bodys and heads mods as i think they're a must have, i wouldn't get any big game play effecting mods if its your first time playing just get the various game enhancing ones, maybe add more as you feel the need.

I wouldn't feel wrong about cheating for speed as it takes too long to build up and its nothing special, open the console with the button usually under Esc and type player->setspeed 100 or 80 if you think thats too fast, i wouldn't go over 100 but thats up to you.
thanks for the tip. will help to save my sanity! :D

Associate
I use an enhanced landscape texture mod along with better bodies & heads. That's all I've used so far. Lots of people use mods to improve bartering prices etc but I don't like to change fundamental aspects of games.

Did you get the Game of the Year addition? That's got both addons (Tribunal & Bloodmoon) & I think there are some patches included within those addons.

Whenever I go on my travels I jump. This builds up your acrobatic skills fairly quickly & is quicker than walking.

Associate
I jumped a lot to, especially going up stairs. On the early levels you can get a whole level off one set of stairs. High level acrobatic is great too nothing can fight you as you can just leap away.

Associate
Here is one of the best sources of mods out there
Link

You need to watch out for what mods you use depending on which version of the game you have?
As FishPolice said above do you have the GOTY version?

There are mods that add loads of trees to the game gives it a slight oblivion feel.
For me it's Tribunal that has the best content of the 3 parts, never managed to do much of bloodmoon.

Back
Top Bottom