Mortgage Rate Rises

But assuming you have the correct insurance policy, you'd still be able to claim.

I guess it's a big gamble, not worth it.

It's often the mortgage company who has the cover, or so I believed, in order to be sure protection of their remaining assets is definitely in place, and so would be privy to any claim. Is that in fact the case these days, the lender instigates cover on their assets? I am wondering now...

Last edited:
It's often the mortgage company who has the cover, or so I believed, in order to be sure protection of their remaining assets is definitely in place, and so would be privy to any claim. Is that in fact the case these days, the lender instigates cover on their assets? I am wondering now...

Most.... Mortgage lenders it's in the terms of the mortgage you must have adequate buildings insurance cover up to the reinstatement (cost of rebuilding) the house.

The lender I work for do checks, and if cover isn't in place we will arrange it on their behalf and charge them for it, which is also part of the T&C's.

I imagine this is pretty standard across the board.

Most.... Mortgage lenders it's in the terms of the mortgage you must have adequate buildings insurance cover up to the reinstatement (cost of rebuilding) the house.

The lender I work for do checks, and if cover isn't in place we will arrange it on their behalf and charge them for it, which is also part of the T&C's.

I imagine this is pretty standard across the board.
My mates not had buildings insurance for years. Just renewed recently too. I keep telling him to get it but falls on deaf ears.

I know when I got my mortgage they made sure I had adequate cover, but that might just have been because it was my first mortgage.

They maybe aren't as thorough for renewals.

Back
Top Bottom