Mortgage Rate Rises

Soldato
Nationwide finally cutting their rates.
Glad I held out

Soldato
Very happy with a 3 storey house tbh.
No issues here and was best use of space, especially without the ground floor being undersized which some 3 storeys can have.

Soldato
Martin Lewis show all about mortgages and property on right now.
Apparently long term projection is for interest rates to fall over next 2 years and then stay flat for a good while.

that would be nice, we're fixed at 1.42% till Oct 25, don't think we'll be able to remortgage anywhere near that but as long as it's sub 3% I'll be happy

Associate
Apparently long term projection is for interest rates to fall over next 2 years and then stay flat for a good while.
I do hope so. My 5 year fixed ends in January 2026. Rate dependent, might seriously consider a 10 year fixed, if they're still a thing.

And what's with these £1500 mortgage fees these days? Used to be up to £999.

Soldato
Genius of a guy. Makes millions by talking about the bleeding obvious, and people lap it up, and most people won't believe things are true until they hear him say it.

Your overall point is not wrong but its not obvious, he is talking about the current sentiment.

Much higher chance rates stay higher for longer, and inflation is more persistent, than inflation dropping and rates dropping, which would require a severe recession.

Soldato
Genius of a guy. Makes millions by talking about the bleeding obvious, and people lap it up, and most people won't believe things are true until they hear him say it.

His advice and tools have made a huge difference to people I think, myself included. These days he is more of a campaigner but in the past a lot of the stuff he revealed was more unknown/less common knowledge.

For example it was through his site that I found out about matched betting, and I have made extensive use of tools like his credit cards best buys, his energy switching tool or his credit check service - all free and whilst now there are other free services available too, his site pioneered most of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Problem with town houses is that they tend to be lacking in space width wise.
Yeh on the new build site the Taylor Wimpey Town Houses were exactly like this. The Barratt one however is pretty good and that's why we chose it.

Living room: 7m x 3.5m
Kitchen/fam: 6m x 3.5m
(I'm sure small to some of you but fine here).
That while also having a hall, utility room, dining room and downstairs toilet albeit those rooms aren't massive.

The footprint of the house is bigger than my previous 4 bed over 2 floors. Again a caveat here is that the 4th bedroom in that house was pretty small.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom