Mortgage Rate Rises

Has anyone heard of UK Mortgage providers/Banks allowing bi-weekly mortgage payments?
I read an article recently that this payment method reduces your term on the mortgage significantly as the accrued interest is limited on a 2 week basis.

If anyone has managed to do this, then intrigued to hear.

Nobody obviously knows, but my guess is that rates will start to come down very slowly over the next year, then perhaps settle in around 3.5 - 4% for possibly a long time. I just can't see rates being kept as high as they are, certainly not over a 5 year fix period.

Has anyone heard of UK Mortgage providers/Banks allowing bi-weekly mortgage payments?
I read an article recently that this payment method reduces your term on the mortgage significantly as the accrued interest is limited on a 2 week basis.

If anyone has managed to do this, then intrigued to hear.

Link to article. Without the math explained, makes no sense why this would be cheaper.

not quite true anymore, maybe in the 70's but not in the modern era, you dinosaur :P
interest is now calculated on a daily basis
the only reason why you'd "pay less interest" is that you'd be making 26 payments, which is equivalent to 13 months payment rather than 12, hence shortening the loan term

Last edited:
not quite true anymore, maybe in the 70's but not in the modern era, you dinosaur :p
interest is now calculated on a daily basis
the only reason why you'd "pay less interest" is that you'd be making 26 payments, which is equivalent to 13 months payment rather than 12, hence shortening the loan term

Yup basically.

I remember working on the background mortgage calculator for Family Building society, and depending on product not all of them were daily, saying that this was.....about 9 years ago.

I reckon you'd be right in saying daily with about 99% of current mortgages though.

I remember working on the background mortgage calculator for Family Building society, and depending on product not all of them were daily, saying that this was.....about 9 years ago.
I reckon you'd be right in saying daily with about 99% of current mortgages though.
haha fair enough, when i was trawling through mortgages for my home a couple years ago i never came across a mortgage that didn't have a daily interest calculation

Even with the fast rate rise in the last few years, prices of the properties haven't exactly come down much and are still selling.

Once rates finally come down a bit in the next 12 month I can probably see property prices increasing. Which is frustrating because who has actually seen the benefit of this apparent house price reduction..?

Even with the fast rate rise in the last few years, prices of the properties haven't exactly come down much and are still selling.

Once rates finally come down a bit in the next 12 month I can probably see property prices increasing. Which is frustrating because who has actually seen the benefit of this apparent house price reduction..?
They've not gone up either, though.

Houses have been flat for ages.
Which is perfect imo.

Houses are too expensive for FTB. And prices staying flat means no negative equity.

Best thing all round.

Back
Top Bottom