Mortgage Rate Rises

Soldato
Its neither right? It's someone not knowing the correct word to use. Like saying swimming instead of driving when you're in a car. They just sound similar when it's bought or brought with the tenuous link that presumably when you buy something you typically take it home afterwards.

Brought is to bought as swam is to drove?

Something like that :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
iu

Associate
Hi there, I have a quick question.

We applied for a mortgage in November 2020, a two year fixed. We completed March 2021 - however our fixed term for our mortgage ends 31/12/2022. Shouldn't it end March 2022 as its a two year fixed?

Soldato
Hi there, I have a quick question.

We applied for a mortgage in November 2020, a two year fixed. We completed March 2021 - however our fixed term for our mortgage ends 31/12/2022. Shouldn't it end March 2022 as its a two year fixed?
Some products are a fixed term from completion and some are fixed term from a month-end. We have a '5 year' fix which runs until August 2026 but we didn't complete until November 2021 (bit annoying, as our rate is 1.09% so we miss out on 3 months of that!).

Caporegime
a bit of squeaky bum time now over for now!

I applied for a rate switch back on September 28th, 3 year fixed 3.48%. Unfortunately in my rush to fill out the form I put my DOB year on the missus by accident. Only just got it resolved this week due to Barclays dragging their heels but the rate is accepted as my fixed is running out on the 31st.

Hopefully the right thing has been done as cannot see rates going back down any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom