Most economical car.....

Associate
The diesel version of the VW Lupo might be an ideal choice if you are looking for economy :p

I wouldn't recommend the Corsa CDTi, it is just a noisy, slow pile of junk.

Associate
tzang said:
The diesel version of the VW Lupo might be an ideal choice if you are looking for economy :p
didn't topgear do a test which proved the petrol version to be very similar if not better economy wise?

Associate
Yup, the VW Lupo diesel had the extra pulling power when needed (for overtaking) yet had far better fuel economy, that was doing a lap round the M25 :)

Soldato
You dont need a small engined diesel like most have said, i have just driven to blackpool and back in my FR and that was 300miles all round, i averaged about 45mpg and used a whisker over half a tank.

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Grande Punto Dynamic 1.3 Multijet.

Its the 90bhp version with a 6 speed gearbox.

You'd have to push your budget just a touch higher unless you can find an ex demo.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Maz said:
Grande Punto Dynamic 1.3 Multijet.

Its the 90bhp version with a 6 speed gearbox.

You'd have to push your budget just a touch higher unless you can find an ex demo.

I'm going to try and snag a test drive in one of these at some point, really like the look of the Grande Punto :)

Caporegime
Pug said:
dunno about the Yartis and MPG, but i drove a corolla D4D when the celica was in last, and wow - best performing diesel i have ever driven.

Damn noisy engines though, if it was the 2.0 of course. I drive one of these at work. Brake and handling are pretty impressive though. Can go round roundabouts pretty fast :D

Pug

Pug

Soldato
Simon said:
Damn noisy engines though, if it was the 2.0 of course. I drive one of these at work. Brake and handling are pretty impressive though. Can go round roundabouts pretty fast :D

aye, maybe - didnt recall tbh, but performed better than by brothers HDI which had 20BHP more

Back
Top Bottom