most expensive free boat hire ever.

Associate
I echo the unanswered question about the tree.
How did the tree manage to capsize your kayak that had 4 people aboard ?
Was it fitted with a high powered out board or did it suddenly appear in your path from a fast flowing tributary ?

Soldato
Don’t make me laugh, what would you do, chide him unmercifully?
Careful guys, we have a badass among us.

I'd kick his head in. Why does it bother you - are you a gobby cab driver too?

Edit: I should explain further. Over the last several months I've spent a lot of time in hospital (both A&E and wards) admitting and visiting my own elderly mother who is very unwell. So forgive my temper but if anyone swore at her, the way I feel at the moment, they'd be sucking tubes pretty sharpish. Believe me or not, Jean. I don't care to be honest buddy.

Last edited:
Soldato

Edit: I should explain further. Over the last several months I've spent a lot of time in hospital (both A&E and wards) admitting and visiting my own elderly mother who is very unwell. So forgive my temper but if anyone swore at her, the way I feel at the moment, they'd be sucking tubes pretty sharpish. Believe me or not, Jean. I don't care to be honest buddy.

What would your 3 year old (as per the scenario you were originally commenting on) do while you're serving your time?

Man of Honour

First off, no, it doesn’t bother me, but I WAS a licenced Black Cab driver in London, but gobby I wasn’t, and am not.
I sincerely sympathise with you over your mother’s illness, and I can empathise with your feelings of anger if you thought that someone had sworn at your parents.
I based my comment on your assertion that you’d somehow make sure that any cab driver who swore at your parents, wouldn’t be driving a cab again for some time, on my experiences when hearing something similar.
I’m not tough, I’m not big enough to be, but there were, (admittedly rare) occasions, when someone took umbrage at some perceived action I’d taken, and had threatened to wrap my steering wheel around my neck, or smash my face in, just stop and they’ll do it.
I’d stop, and get out, totally because I didn’t want anyone to think that I was frightened of them, but I was ready for fight or flight.
On every occasion, if they did get out, they changed their minds, and got back in, hurling “you ****”, or “you’re a dead man if I see you again” at me.
I reiterate, at 5’9” and 69 kilos, I’m no Jean-Claude Van Damme, and the blood had drained from my face on these occasions.

Soldato
Thanks Jean, I appreciate your sympathy re. My mother.

I'm not in a very good place at the moment, which is why I haven't been posting much recently. I think I need a bit more time to sort myself out.

No hard feelings.

Man of Honour
Thanks Jean, I appreciate your sympathy re. My mother.

I'm not in a very good place at the moment, which is why I haven't been posting much recently. I think I need a bit more time to sort myself out.

No hard feelings.

Not at all Yadda, you take care, and look after your
mum, we only get one mum, and they’re all lovely.

Back
Top Bottom