• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Most overrated card ever?

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
The whole of the 6 series was so overrated, all those ppl who were telling everyone to get the slower 6800 Ultra's over the x800 XT PE's just because they had that pointless SM3.0 which wasn't used, and is still hardly being used today, and now we have SM4.0 due. :D

eat your words now thanks to splinter cell. hahahahah :D

Caporegime
Yup 1x single SM3.0 game after how many years, i am eating my words as i speak, i mean 1x single SM3.0 game years after it was slapped onto the 6 series, and right at the start of SM4.0, im deffo eating. :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Either 3dfx's Voodoo 4/5 series or nvidias FX5800/5900 for simalar reasons but I'm swaying towards the Voodoo 4/5 series which where outperformed in many opengl and HDT&L games by a Geforce 2 MX. :D

Soldato
fx range of cards, i went to ocuk to buy my first ever 100% custom pc ordered a 5900ultra to be told they were out of stock out of production and the 5950ulta was in, was shocked how quick that was.

it was quite fast when it was under my 266watt tec though, it later died a death, was covered in shaving cream and blasted with fire until there was just a few burnt and crumpled bits of metal left. :D

got a fx5200 as well, slowest thing on the planet and some :mad:

x1800xt was hyped to be the god of all cards and obliterate everything like no other....

quad sli is another utter overrated failure

Caporegime
LoadsaMoney said:
Yup 1x single SM3.0 game after how many years, i am eating my words as i speak, i mean 1x single SM3.0 game years after it was slapped onto the 6 series, and right at the start of SM4.0, im deffo eating. :D
Dont forget about the water tho ;)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
FX5200

I bought into the hype and bought one... Well before its release date, knowing that I would have a great card to replace my Ti4200

OMFG! I could not believe it!

Worse than my 7 year olds MX440, only the advantage was DX9 but apart from that...

Associate
FatRakoon said:
FX5200

I bought into the hype and bought one... Well before its release date, knowing that I would have a great card to replace my Ti4200

OMFG! I could not believe it!

Worse than my 7 year olds MX440, only the advantage was DX9 but apart from that...
Same here mate, I brought FX 5200 based on the good review's it seemed to get upgrading from a geforce 440mx which imo was a good card but then again my monitor back then only did 640/480 lol :rolleyes: Anyway in splintercell the 5200 gave worse proformance then my 440mx lol.Stuck that card on ebay within a day and went out and brought a 9600xt for 25 pounds more which blew the 5200 out of the water!

Soldato
Yeah, I actually like the MX440 - Still got acouple in various boxes... Nothing wrong with them for general gaming and they play UT2004 just fine at a low res... More than good enough for many people I recon.
Actually the 4x I got is faster than the 8x by a fair bit too - as much as 15 or even 20%!!!

Back
Top Bottom