Most powerful 120mm fan?

Associate
Noise not an issue nor is power consumption.

What's the most powerful 120mm fan these days? I assume it's going to be a delta or some such.

(It's going to end up as a windscreen demist fan on my track toy car)

For proper high flow, you need to be looking at delta, san-ace, panaflo, nidec and sanyo denki.

A prime example is the Delta PFB1212UHE, which flows 252cfm which is 2.5x more than both the noctua or EK above. Expect noise a plenty though and an eye watering cost per fan.

For a demist fan, most manufacturers use a centrifugal fan rather than axial.

Is the sanyo denki the same fan as some PSUs use ?
I could be wrong, but I think that was the brand that failed on me (bearing seizures) in a pair of CoolerMaster PSUs, both in under two years of normal usage. I replaced both with Arctic Cooling F12 fans at around a fiver a pop. They've both been much quieter and 100% reliable ever since. :p

it might still be those metal body san-ace fans that have enough airflow to push themselves off the ground (plenty of youtube videos on them, that may contain links to competitors), but unless your PC is in another house, they are LOUD

For proper high flow, you need to be looking at delta, san-ace, panaflo, nidec and sanyo denki.

A prime example is the Delta PFB1212UHE, which flows 252cfm which is 2.5x more than both the noctua or EK above. Expect noise a plenty though and an eye watering cost per fan.

For a demist fan, most manufacturers use a centrifugal fan rather than axial.

Axial isn't an option due to lack of space (and weight to a certain extent). That Delta looks like it'll do it but you weren't joking about the price!

As for the noise again its not an issue, the car isn't exactly quiet :p

That Delta Is mighty powerful.

Two years ago I bought a Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 5400 RPM for a laugh, which shifts compared to the Delta a mere 150.1 CFM.

But it was amusing watching the Fan float away on the desk.

San ace. Can't remember the exact model name atm as they make about fifty models. But there was one which every high performance pic builder wanted. I imported 6 of them.

Immense are flow but load. Manage to cool my cpu to 4.95ghz long enough to pass some benchmarks and win some hwbot records.

Just replacing my water cooled set up and going for silence not performance in the next build so will be selling my fans in mm shortly.

The 9G1212H101 was the godly San Ace model number. Okay this review is from 2012 but back then it was the most powerful (and best cooling) fan on the market.

it may have been superseded by now

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/120mm_and_140mm_fan_comparison,11.html

That was the most powerful in 2012? Everyone must have gone soft ;) I have a few 120mm fans here that are rated 135CFM and I used them cooling an overclocked Celeron 333 back in 1998/1999.

That said, while they pushed more air they weren't quite as brutal as the 5 Delta EHE's I ran for a year (4 rated 52.5dba, 1 rated 54.5dba) with no fan controller, on a machine running 24/7 in my bedroom. The stupid things you do when you're young :D

Im guessing a fanguard is pretty essential on one of those, i imagine chunks of skin will start disappearing if ya get too close while messing with summat in your case.

Back
Top Bottom