Motherboard 2-pin extension cables

Soldato
Can anyone help me find a stockist of cables like these?

cable_needed.jpg

Because my Lian-Li case has all the cables bunched together, and I need to relocate one of them to a seperate PCB (for my Vapochill) I need a cable like the above to extend it.

Haven't been able to find anywhere that has them - checked OCUK first obviously. Searching for "motherboard extension cable" just gives the regular ATX and 12V 4-pin extension cables for PSUs. :(

Email is in trust if required.

check an auction site. maybe try changing your search to something like front panel wire extender. sure you can find something.

You could always just buy a cheap case and cut the wires out of that then join them to your current ones

Couldn't you simply just replace the wire with longer pieces, as long as its the same thickness it shouldnt be too hard to do.

Got any old cases you practice with?...... i don't think rewiring is honestly that hard.

p.s. the small watchmakers screwdrivers work well for getting the pin things holding the wire out of the black block bits.

t31os said:
Couldn't you simply just replace the wire with longer pieces, as long as its the same thickness it shouldnt be too hard to do.

Got any old cases you practice with?...... i don't think rewiring is honestly that hard.

p.s. the small watchmakers screwdrivers work well for getting the pin things holding the wire out of the black block bits.
As I said, the Lian-Li wires are all together in a kind of single ribbon cable - and I don't really want to butcher the existing wire to solder on a longer one.

Was really just hoping I could find the exact cable shown above somewhere in the UK... :(

You could make a cable like in the image if you have some old cases lying around and some old pci card or something with some long pins on that you can afford to dismantle.

Think i might make a few myself....... :D

Thread has given me an idea for making them, thanx... :)

t31os said:
You could make a cable like in the image if you have some old cases lying around and some old pci card or something with some long pins on that you can afford to dismantle.

Think i might make a few myself....... :D

Thread has given me an idea for making them, thanx... :)
Make me one plz :D

Thanks, not sure if you're allowed to link to those :)

The first one is the place I was looking at ordering from, but I was hoping to be able to find somewhere in the UK instead. Don't fancy paying $30 shipping for something that costs $1.99!

Frontx does various front panel stuff, www.frontx.com , its a US site but they do do cheap UK vat+delivery as you can have stuff sent as 'sample'.

First thing i found on google, personally though i think it would be easier to buy/find/nab a cheapo case and use the parts to make one.

I've stripped a wire out of an old PC at work and with a 3-pin to 2-pin fan adapter thing I've managed to create this...

ghettowire.jpg

Apologies for crappy cameraphone picture. :(

Just have to bust the soldering iron out now, although I might still buy a pre-fabbed one if I can't be bothered to do it. :p

Ripped apart a broken DVD-ROM, pinched a few pins from that as they are nice and long.

Made a cable, its not the nicest looking piece of cable, but it would do the trick.

In doing that i was fiddling with a broken DVD-RW which i thought had a broken pin, seems it had just pushed in, fixed now!!...saves me some cash (had to give mine away to replace it).

Hope your cable works out matey.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom