Motherboard sound jack dead.

Soldato
Hi I have an AsRock Z270 Pro mobo, that after messing around with some cabling after a desk swap, the green output jack seems to have died. I have verified its not the speakers, by using a 2nd pair in the same jack.. and the speaker system still works using the front jacks. But in an effort to keep cabling tidy, i want to keep all my cabling at the back of the PC.

Not exactly sure how it happened. Weirder things have happened. But glad its not the speaker control board that died as that's a lot more expensive.

Firstly, I am absolutely fine with the quality that came out from the mobo. So keep that in mind. Do you think there's anything possible to get it going again (i'm thinking not, but hey who knows) There is an optical output coming out that mobo also. Any recommendations on converting that to analogue for my 'green' male connector to connect to.

Or failing that, i could just buy a new soundcard. Any recommendations ? Again i was fine with the quality coming from the mobo. Creative labs still do soundcards. The last time i bought a sound card was i dunno 15yrs ago.

maj

maj

Soldato
You can get usb adapters which have input for headphone (green) and microphone. For the few quid they cost it could be worth a go.

Back
Top Bottom